Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radio only displaying CD text for the first few tracks..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio only displaying CD text for the first few tracks..

I can't figure this one out. I listen to burnt CDs all the time in my car, and most of the CDs I play, only the track title appears for the first few tracks on the CD. Then, for the rest of them, it just says "T12, T13", etc. and the track time. How can I get all the track names to appear on the radio?

Mike
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Not sure either, my CD player will show the name of the track but the artist for the next track so I'm like
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I just noticed the same issue with the first couple of songs on a burt cd..No clue how to fix it. I looked through all the choices and could find noting pertaining to it.
      "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

Same with me, its all luck of the draw... sometimes all songs, sometimes first three. A couple times I've burned the cds maaaad slow and they've worked for the most part. Maybe its the speed of the new burners?!
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Hmmmmm could be....I didn't think of that.
          "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

Yeah mine does the same thing, will display the song name for the first few, and then it will switch to like Track 9 Track 10 lol
            2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Well before the burning even begins I went through one CD and renamed every track the actual name with the artist and actually that seemed to work. I think it just goes crazy when it tries to figure out the song names on its own by what the file is named.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

You all have the Monsoon stereo??

I've just got the standard head in a 4 banger, and I get no track information at all... Should I?

Comment

Yeh, you should defn rename all your titles when you burn, also let the program you run it in find files from internet for the songs. this way it gets the author,title and whatever else it would need to show

Comment

Answers to all your questions are described above.

Comment

Re: Radio only displaying CD text for the first few tracks..

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                      I can't figure this one out. I listen to burnt CDs all the time in my car, and most of the CDs I play, only the track title appears for the first few tracks on the CD. Then, for the rest of them, it just says "T12, T13", etc. and the track time. How can I get all the track names to appear on the radio?

Mike
                      '

Lol since Im new I guess Ill keep resurfacing these old threads I find by searching instead of starting new ones.

Anyway. As I wait for my car to be delivered I am learning more and more that my dealer didnt tell me about.

Does the stereo read Artist-Track names off of cds? And obviously burnt cds as well?

Ive been dissapointed about the lack of mp3 player and cd support...but that would certainly make up for it a little. Or maybe I should consider an FM transmitter for the iPod.[/b]
                      2006 G6 GTP Sedan Granite
                      Cant really afford mods right now...but at some point...lol
                      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Pilot
                        Lol since Im new I guess Ill keep resurfacing these old threads I find by searching instead of starting new ones.

Anyway. As I wait for my car to be delivered I am learning more and more that my dealer didnt tell me about.

Does the stereo read Artist-Track names off of cds? And obviously burnt cds as well?

Ive been dissapointed about the lack of mp3 player and cd support...but that would certainly make up for it a little. Or maybe I should consider an FM transmitter for the iPod.[/b]
                        trust us...MUCH better to resurface old threads than start new ones. wish everyone did this.

but to answer your question, as far as store bought CDs most of them are now created to display track titles. burned cds it comes down to the settings you use when you burn them. the Monsoon setup allows you to view track titles and all, but i dunno about the rest of the radios.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                          Originally posted by Irish Pilot

trust us...MUCH better to resurface old threads than start new ones. wish everyone did this.

but to answer your question, as far as store bought CDs most of them are now created to display track titles. burned cds it comes down to the settings you use when you burn them. the Monsoon setup allows you to view track titles and all, but i dunno about the rest of the radios.
                          awesome.
                          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by simplyred
                            Maybe its the speed of the new burners?!
                            Nah, I burn all my music at 4X. Faster shouldn't cause an issue, I'm just stuck in the old days when burning speed played a huge role. It can still be a problem if you're burring at like 52X or something, but the burn speed isn't the cause of this.

I noticed when I start my car it'll show the tracks, or when I hit the disp/adj button, or manually switch tracks sometimes... But otherwise I never see the track, artist, or album info.

Originally posted by Teelo
                            Yeah mine does the same thing, will display the song name for the first few, and then it will switch to like Track 9 Track 10 lol
                            If it's doing that as though Track 9 and Track 10 were the track titles then it may be something with your burning software... Unless it's a mix cd or something, the the ID3 tags could be throwing it off. Check the CD Text stuff before you burn to make sure it's accurate.

Originally posted by LoJac963
                            I think it just goes crazy when it tries to figure out the song names on its own by what the file is named.
                            Music CDs do not have filenames the way your MP3 or whatever format files do. They do have CD Text, which is probably being generated by your CD burning software. Renaming the tracks do nothing other than maybe effect how the burning software puts the information on. I usually edit that info by hand before burning anyways.

Originally posted by bristol16
                            The Monsoon setup allows you to view track titles and all, but i dunno about the rest of the radios.
                            I have the basic 6 disc changer, not the Monsoon. it has the capability to show track titles. Haven't figured out how to get it to do it automatically for every track though.

Comment

I have yet to find a cd (burned or purchased) that has read title track or artist. Ive tried different burning software and speed and different disks. Anyone come up with any solutions for this thread?
                              Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X