grill mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grill mod

I am planning on doing a grill mod, as can be seen in my sig. I'll post pix as it develops, will prob be done next month. Going to shave the rear pontiac emblem as well. what are your thoughts?

jeff
    05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
    90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
    1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
    F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

hey i was thinking about getting the grill chrome dipped. What do you think?

Comment

I was also thinking about polishing the grill-not chroming as I will be polishing the top of my 3.5 also. I think the chrome grill might be a little too flashy and may throw the looks of the car off-but to each his own. Also about the rear emblem, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it just held on with double sided foam, so you don't really have to shave it? I might be wrong since our door bumpers are held on by little knobbies so those can't just come off.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

G6 custom grill.

Here are some Ideas off of the 2003 Show car. A flush grille like the solstice.

Comment

Rear emblem is held on with just tape, as are the emblems on the fenders and trunklid. For the chrome on the grill, I think you should remove the chrome itself via Muriatic Acid dip and paint body color. Replace the honey comb grill with an expanded metal mesh and also paint it body color. Shouldn't be difficult at all. I may do this sometime. :idea:
          Straight up Pimp Trollin'
          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

I plan on just painting the front grill silver and leaving the inserts chrome.

Mike
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

If you go to http://www.customgrandam.com they have mesh grille inserts for the G6

Comment

Originally posted by G6Chris
                If you go to http://www.customgrandam.com they have mesh grille inserts for the G6
                too expensive. It's cheaper to just paint it silver.

Mike
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Yeah, they are serioulsy almost the same damn thing. $5.00 can of Silver Krylon Fusion will yield the same look. ONe issue I have is with the lower front of the fascia that houses the fogs... what can we do with that?? IF the grill is painted a diffrent color or changed.. the lower would almost need to have the smae sort of treatment. I thought about painting it body color.. but I don't know, the black does break it up in a sense, but it also somewhat makes the front of the car look like a carp. I'm also afraid that if the honeycomb part of the grill is painted silver.. the front end will look too damn close to a Grand Prix with the grille inserts. :cry:

Site needs a kick ass photo shopper, lol. :idea:

Edit:
                  I wonder how easy it would be to remove the black "mesh" of the grill and frorm some nice expanded metal in the shape of the grill and reattach that on?! Maybe I'll hit up a local metal supply shop and see if I can get some scrap and see what it would look like. Looking at the one that the grand am site has, it looks like they just took the stock inserts, removed the old, and installed the new. But there mesh or whatever is too small of openings imho. :idea:

Comment

I don't know how to post a damn photo. But I've got an idea to make a solstice inspired grill that runs flush with the fascia. To get an idea of what it would look like view the 2003 show car. Maybe even some flush lower spoiler. I have photoshop work of it if anyone would like to see or show me how to post it. SHowcar- > http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/3 ... photo.aspx

PS> Solstice GXP - > http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z10801/default.aspx

Comment

I like the silver inserts at the bottom where the foggy's are, that gives me an idea of painting my black ones, silver would look awesome on my granite!!
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                        I like the silver inserts at the bottom where the foggy's are, that gives me an idea of painting my black ones, silver would look awesome on my granite!!
                        Hmm.. I like it too!!! I've got the stealth grey which is similar to that color.... this might looks pretty hot.

Comment

Well if you paint them before me post some pics so I can see!! Or I'll get mine done when I can-college and work take all my time from modding

Comment

I just might tackle this today if I get the chance... I have this week off of work.. and school starts back up on the 16th.

Just have to figure out how to remove the grill and lower fascia thingy. I hate new cars.

Comment

I'd love to show you the pic's i've worked with on photoshop. I jsut need someone to give me advice on how to post it here.

PS. Got tints yesterday. 15% on the sides and rear window. Looks bad ass. Thinking about blacking out the chrome on the belt line.

Any help with photos? :

Comment

Working...
                              X