Exhaust vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust vid

Not sure if ANYONE has seen this vid, just happened to come across it while googling for some muffler info. Apparently, it's a V6 G6 with the resonator removed. Not 100% sure... but it sounds more like the muffler was removed and not teh resonator. But at any rate.. doesn't sound too bad.. wee bit raspy.

Exhaust Clip

Sounds a wee bit like a V6 Camaro with good exhaust or a 2 cycle snow mobile, no? :mrgreen: Towards the end, it starts to sound a bit better I think.. once it warms up, maybe half decent. I'm wanting to remove the rear muffler and split the exhaust behind the wheels and exit my GTP valence on both sides... I wonder how it will sound.
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

yea I've seen that vid before on another G6 board. It sounds like a chainsaw lol.

Mike
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
      yea I've seen that vid before on another G6 board. It sounds like a chainsaw lol.

Mike
      LMAO!

Comment

just wait for someone to develop a cat-back exhaust for the GTP...it will be much better because you'll have the larger piping and a better muffler.

Mike
        -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

I would LOVE for Borla, Magnaflow, or even Bosal to develop a cat back for the car. I've thought about doing my own 2-1/2" from a performance magnaflow cat back, no resonator, split the pipe behind the rear wheels and put one of those tiny old school Hooker 7x9-1/2" offset mufflers on each side just before the tips. I had a pair of these on one of my old grand prixs way back in the day and the sound is absolutly amazing. Far from loud, no rasp, freakin amazing. I swear that 3800 (series I) sounded VERY similar to a BMW 3 Series (6cyl). I'm sure we all know how horribly difficult it was to get the 3800 to sound "decent" with any exhaust. The old Quad 4's in the Grand Am's and Berreta GTZ sounded meaner, lol.

Comment

I'm going to chop off the Res on my car when i get home, Hopfully it will sound a bit better on the 3900.
            2009 Panther Black G8 GT
            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

I just got the exhaust done last night. Had them remove the muffler in the back, do a "t" and split the exhaust and it sounds DAMN GOOD! That resonator in the middle of the car provides a decent amount of sound deadening and restriction that makes this car sound great, very low rumble on start up, butinsdie the car, the engine is still louder than the exhaust, freakin perfect. No rasp, no "chainsaw", sounds kinda like a 3.4 V8 Tauras SHO with exhaust. I'll get pic's later, looks completly stock with the lower valance. :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
                I'm going to chop off the Res on my car when i get home, Hopfully it will sound a bit better on the 3900.
                i had my exhaust down on my GTP about 2months ago. from the flex joint back. 2.5" into a res.(had to put the res, on was to loud, cracked alot, and sound like a v6 camero) to the muffler and twin tip at 2" with 4"tips. now it sounds like a small v8 at start up and at excel sounds almost like a g35 or 350
                stock exhuast

stock tips

new exhaust

new tips

new muffler

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                Originally posted by ahuhn
                so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

I just hate the look of that stock res. I wouldn’t doubt it’s the bottle neck of the entire system. I'm going to try and find something a bit smaller and straight thru.

How was the performance with an without the res?
                  2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                  334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Comment

snowman you have any pics that are further back from the rear of the car? Those tips look nice I wanna see them from a distance. Thanks.

Mike
                      -Mike #1

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
                        I just hate the look of that stock res. I wouldn’t doubt it’s the bottle neck of the entire system. I'm going to try and find something a bit smaller and straight thru.

How was the performance with an without the res?
                        i felt a slight excel diff. but to much. it was really loud without a res. was suprised i didnt get the reds and blues for it. so before i did i had a high flow 2.5" res put in. still the same excel(until i put in a cold air or a turbo/charger) with a res. , sounds cleaner with one on. it doesnt sound like a stupid rice rocket, sounds more like a high end v6(bmw, nissan, infiniti)

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                        Originally posted by ahuhn
                        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Here is a clip of my exhaust. The system has 2.5" SS T-409 piping, a 4" Magnaflow round resonator and dual Magnaflow SS mufflers with 4" polished tips.

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                          Forge Motorsports BPV
                          CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                          HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                          HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

^ sounds great
                            2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

Holy old topic rebirth Batman!!

Please repost your vid Kman in the Exhaust Clips Only Sticky.

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3242
                              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Working...
                              X