This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fog light button

im not sure why but out of no where the fog light button stopped lighting up when turned on its no big deal i just wanted to know if this happened to anyone else

that did happen to me. it turned out that it was a bad button. i brought it back to the dealer and they replaced.
    05 silver G6 sedan 25% tint all around no mods yet just a few stickers. Saving up for a sport bike.

Comment

Few people have had this issue.
      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

While you're on the subject of fog lights, does anyone know a way to have them come on automatically every time the night-time lights come on?

I don't see too well at night and figure a little extra illumination can only help in that regard, but it's silly that I have to manually turn them on every time despite the fact the headlights can turn themselves on. It really makes no sense to me. I use to drive a beast of a car, '92 Pontiac Bonneville, and once you flipped the fog light switch the car would be smart enough to turn them on too at night.
        -Kevin
        2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
        2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

I wish I knew how, too. I do like, however, that during the day, all I have to do is push that little button, adn teh parking lights and foglights come on. Atleast someone over in GM was thinking.
          Straight up Pimp Trollin'
          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

I did look through most of the literature that came with the car-getting to know your G6, and the owners manual. I did not come across any type of setting to have the fog lights come on with the normal lights. I agree, I like fog lights and I hate having to turn them on EVERY time I get out of my car. I also looked for something on disabling the DRL's through the DIC but the book says the lights cannot be auto turned off through the DIC. Looks like we're out of luck. :cry:
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yeah, only way is to just turn the light stalk to th e"auto lights off" and that shuts the DRL's off.... not sure if it holds on to the setting, though after the key is turned off. But then.. you loose the auto lights. There's just no winning with GM, lol. :cry:
              Straight up Pimp Trollin'
              2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
              w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

I'm going to be posting a new topic for those interested in possibly getting rid of the DRL's, I'll post it later tonight.
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yup-Fog Lite Button - Replaced. I couldnt see ripping out the dash in my brand new car to replace a bulb/button. So I waited, pain in the a** though cuz ya dont know if they are on or not. I run them always, looks better. So, low and behold-----my spedometer started ticking like a clock, so I had to have that panel replaced. So I had the fog button replaced at that time. Im not sure, but my mom has a grand prix GT and I think her fogs always come on automatically. Every morning when I pass her they are on and the parking lites too. I cannot imagine my 58 year old mom is trying to be cool and turn her fogs on during the day. I dont even think she knows they exist!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X