Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painted headlights finally completed and installed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted headlights finally completed and installed!!!

Finally got them on the car! These were the best pictures I could take at the moment since it was dark out and starting to hail. I also took some pics with the headlight covers on there to see what it would look like, but I think that might be overkill.

I also removed all amber reflectors, and put in a chrome colored bulb that lights amber for the signal light.

with the covers!

Mike
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

headlights

Wow, I like it! I think it looks the sleekest without the covers.
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Here's a few outside pics:

Mike
      -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Wow.. that is AWESOME mike! Question for ya, the "chrome" on the headlight, does it flake off of peel off if you apply tape to it and reveal any color plastic behind it (like flat black?). Looking at what the "Razzi G6" has.. I wonder how mine would look painted stealth gray like my car... :idea:

Is you rear trunk debadged?

You should paint your calipers red

Ever think of taken some black vinyl and "covering" the pontiac emblem?

Any problems with leaking thus far?

Nice work my man!
        Straight up Pimp Trollin'
        2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
        w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

There was no need to apply tape to the chrome for any reason. But I can tell you that I had another piece and the chrome does flake off if you twist the plastic. It's gray underneath. To answer your questions...

-trunk is not debadged (yet)

-maybe in the springtime when it gets warmer.

-which pontiac emblem? The one on the front? Why would I do that?

-what kind of leaks? If the headlights, then yes the passenger side was a little condensed the other day after it rained. I'm in the process of resealing the headlights with a better sealant.

Mike
          -Mike #1

Comment

As for the emblem.. I guess for some of us, removing everything "brand labeling" is the goal. When a car has a embosed or semi permanet badge, many people on other cars have simply "blacked it out" using vinyl (especially when they can obtain color matching vinyl like gloss black). I wish I could take that comment back though, as I was outside today looking at it.. and yeah, I'd look pretty crappy if that was done, lol.

I asked about leaking as when I opened up the headlights on my 2000 Contour SVT to install projectors, It was a HUGE PITA to get them to not condensate after car washes and rainfall- eventually I was able to get them conden-free after layers and smoothing of silicone. Some people have opened lights up to reveal future issues of almost filling up with water. Just curious if you've had any issues...and from your write up, I'm assuming you originally did not have to use any "touch up" silicone. Just so you know, on the CSVT's lights... you actually had to take a dremil and cut the lens off, do your thing, and reseal it in that matter.... god was that a nightmare. :evil:

Also the chrome and tape thing... (again, just refrencing from my experience with opening lights) on some cars, behind the chrome "plating" can reveal a nice clean and crisp flat black that is smooth and "factory". On my contour, simply taking duct tape to the chrome ripped it cleanly off and looked better than painting it. Now, seeing as you have that nice freakin sexy gloss black GTP, having the flat black colored lights wouldn't loook as good.. just more so thinking in part as to my car (Stealth grey).

Thanks a TON for the info Mike, I'll defently be putting that "how to" to to good use shortly. Thanks again!
            Straight up Pimp Trollin'
            2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
            w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Those lights are sick!! Nice job on them and sad to hear about the hail-hope none hit that brand new car!!
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
              X