Center Brake Light Graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center Brake Light Graphic

Check it out... I just installed a graphic overlay that I got from GrafxWerks. I think it looks pretty good! Although I think I messed up the installation because you can see some "red" bleeding out around the outside. I'll do better next time!

Off:

On:
    Jay
    '06-G6-V6

Looks good!
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

A bit anal...

Thanks,
      Tomorrow I'm going to take it back out and blacken the outer edge of the plastic so you don't see the red bleeding around the edges. As you have probably already figured out I'm a bit anal!
      Jay
      '06-G6-V6

Comment

Hey Jay,

It shouldn't bleed like that, perhaps I'm not cutting the decal wide enough. I will send you a replacement tomorrow!

- Ryan

Comment

I had the same problem on my old car. I just took some touch up paint and went around the edge with it. It was black so I really didn't have to worry about color match; you might have to.

Regardless, looks nice!

Mike
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Hey,
            I like how it looks, but how hard was it to install?
            George

3600, Granite Metallic, 5600 miles, Kicker/Power Acoustic Sound

Comment

It's a pretty easy install. I put one on my Grand Am and it was cake. Plus, if you order from Ryan's site (GrafxWerks.com) he includes instructions that are very easy to follow.
              2006 G6 GTP Coupe
              :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
              :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
              :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

looks awesome man!
                jeff
                05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
                90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
                1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
                F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

Comment

Had one on my previous car and yes they do look very good and completely awesome at night, everyone always used to ask, where did you get that?
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by GrafxWerks
                    Hey Jay,

It shouldn't bleed like that, perhaps I'm not cutting the decal wide enough. I will send you a replacement tomorrow!

- Ryan
                    Not your fault, When I installed it I wrapped the outer edge of the decal around the inner lens bezel. After I did that and saw the bleeding I realized what you ment in your installation direction. As mentioned prevoiously by someone else, I just painted the outer edge of the bezel black and it looks fine. Oh, thanks for the second graphic, I hadn't been on the site lately and was wondering why I received another decal.
                    Jay
                    '06-G6-V6

Comment

Originally posted by 06G6V6
                      Hey,
                      I like how it looks, but how hard was it to install?
                      Not to difficult at all. The directions are pretty good, just don't wrap the decal around the bezel, leave it flat and overhanging the gap between the inner bezel and the outer section of the lens that has the seal ring on it. That way the red light will not bleed around the edges like you see in my picture. Unless you like that look!?
                      Jay
                      '06-G6-V6

Comment

Re: Center Brake Light Graphic

In the off chance I was to install an overlay incorrectly, how hard are these overlays to get off? Or, are they permanent?
                        Modifications:
                        [Completed] CRAB 03/04 + WMS 91 Octane Tune + MPD Hood w/ Hood Struts + GT-R Exhaust + Red Interior Lighting + De-Badged + Overlays + Chrome Window Trim + 20% Tint + Racingline Strut Bar
                        [In Progress] Racingline Mount Inserts / Wiring Kit
                        [Later Days] Audio Controls + G6 Mats + New Rims + Tail-Light Replacement + Street Glow + Trunk Sub

Comment

Thread revival of the year

should'nt be hard, might leave some residue that u can use goo gone to get rid of....if it was recently installed it should come off pretty easily just rip it off
                          2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
                          Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
                          Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
                          Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

revival?! thats an understatement lol 3 years since someone touched that.
                            its might just be a family sedan, but girls love this car

Comment

thread resurrection

zombie thread
                              2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
                              Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
                              Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
                              Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

Working...
                              X