Supercharger....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercharger....

Anyone have any guesses on how long before we might be able to see someone come up with a supercharger. Also what type of horsepower increase would you typicaly/ expect o see from one?

I read somewhere that RSM has a kit out.
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

yes they do, but just for the 3.5

Mike
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

rsm

where can i find that supercharger that rsm makes?
        05 silver G6 sedan 25% tint all around no mods yet just a few stickers. Saving up for a sport bike.

Comment

Re: rsm

Originally posted by sicilia_07
          where can i find that supercharger that rsm makes?
          http://www.rsmracing.com
          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

thanks
            05 silver G6 sedan 25% tint all around no mods yet just a few stickers. Saving up for a sport bike.

Comment

for 3900 they should have more info
              05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
              90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
              1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
              F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

Comment

little pricey for the Vortec supercharger, but I guess if you want it you'll pay for it. I'd love to throw that SC on my GT coupe and throw out 280HP-so they say with the 80HP gain. Don't have the money right now since I had to put 2k down on the car.
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

ur goin to have to shell out more money than that also for a new tranny. The tranny in ur car cant handle an extra 80 hp. Ull have to replace the tranny if u want the supercharger

Comment

Originally posted by G6Chris
                    ur goin to have to shell out more money than that also for a new tranny. The tranny in ur car cant handle an extra 80 hp. Ull have to replace the tranny if u want the supercharger

The tranny will handle it, but it’s all how he treats it. It will definitely lower the life of the tranny but taking some steps such as full synthetic fluid and a larger cooler with help to prolong its life.
                    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

You could also upgrade your tranny. A place called Level 10 in New Jersey offers kits for automatic transmissions to make them perform better than manuals. I don't think they have any applications for the G6 yet though.

Mike
                      -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

For the love of god stay away from level 10
                        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
                          Why is that? With their upgrades auto trannys can hold 100s of horsepower more than manual trannys. And a built automatic will outshift and outrun any manual. Sure they're pretty expensive, but it's worth it, especially if you want straightline performance.

Mike
                          -Mike #1

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                            Why is that? With their upgrades auto trannys can hold 100s of horsepower more than manual trannys. And a built automatic will outshift and outrun any manual. Sure they're pretty expensive, but it's worth it, especially if you want straightline performance.

Mike
                            Because of the horror storys about there service and products. Any of the guys running big numbers into their 4t45's just use local shops to beef up their tranny.
                            2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

That is just so funny to me for some reason!!
                              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                              X