air filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air filter

just put on an AEM cone air filter on my car no modifications need or adapters and it sounds really good plus adds a little hp

Good stuff! If you have a pic post it up.
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Re: air filter

Originally posted by thyde0045
      just put on an AEM cone air filter on my car no modifications need or adapters and it sounds really good plus adds a little hp
      Can you give us some details? Manufacturer, Model, Cost...
      Thanks.

Jay
      Jay
      '06-G6-V6

Comment

Really need info I tried putting my 3" K&N of my old intake from my other car and it was too small for the MAF.
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
          Really need info I tried putting my 3" K&N of my old intake from my other car and it was too small for the MAF.
          sounds like you need a bigger filter.

Mike
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

lol yeah I know, what I can't understand is how tiny the hole is coming from the resonator to the opening in the top of the resonator that goes into the airbox. ITS TINY, no wonder the car can't breathe!!
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Comment

Hmm...maybe I'll try to make the hole in the bottom of the airbox bigger and see what happens, it already sounds loud with just the resonator removed.

Mike
                -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

My post was a little confusing, the hole in the bottom of the airbox is pretty huge, however there is a hole in the resonator-not the large hole in the top where the air box sits but directly underneath it. Take out your airbox and you'll see what I'm talking about, this hole is tiny tiny.

Comment

now I'm really confused...is this hole in the airbox or in the resonator....because I know the top of the resonator tube fits into a hole in the bottom of the airbox..

Mike
                    -Mike #1

Comment

i was wondering how things went with putting a cone filter right on and taking the air box off, and if it worked out how much bigger did you have to go so it can save me some time?
                      06 Black Gtp 6speed

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                        now I'm really confused...is this hole in the airbox or in the resonator....because I know the top of the resonator tube fits into a hole in the bottom of the airbox..

Mike
                        i was looking at your sig, you have pix of your headlights and foglights??
                        jeff
                        05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
                        90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
                        1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
                        F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

Comment

Originally posted by spoolinturbo

Mike
                          i was looking at your sig, you have pix of your headlights and foglights??
                          jeff
                          yea they're on my cardomain site.

Mike
                          -Mike #1

Comment

The hole is in the resonator, NOT the airbox. There is an opening in the top of the resonator where the airbox sits, take the outbox out of the car and just look down through that top hole of the resonator and you will see the smaller hole in which the air flows through. I'd take a pic but I don't have time to take my airbox out.

Comment

yea they're on my cardomain site.

Mike
                              awesome, i like it. how easy do the amber reflectors come out?
                              jeff
                              05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
                              90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
                              1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
                              F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

Comment

Working...
                              X