GM recalls 35,777 G6 vehicles - Owners Manual Typo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM recalls 35,777 G6 vehicles - Owners Manual Typo

NHTSA announced that GM is recalling 35,777 of its all-new G6 cars because their owner's manual fails to state that child restraint lower anchors are located in both the side and center rear seating positions.

"The owner's manual states that anchors are at the outboard seating positions only," NHTSA said.

Source: ConsumerAffairs.com
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

I doubt anyone would have even said anything if GM didn't bring it up in the first place. I mean if they weren't where the manual said then one would just look elsewhere and eventually find them.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I think the problem is that the owners manual is required to instruct you in how to use the safety anchors by law.

I thought that it was pretty stupid myself, and I remember posting something to that affect last year on grandamgt.com.

I think they corrected it with the 2006 manuals.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

They do not give you a new owners manual. All that is given is a piece of paper which has the instructions on it, and it is put INTO the owners manual at the correct location.

The car has to be brought into the dealership for the owners manual supplement to be installed into the owners manual.
        Colin.
        06 G6 GTP. 6spd.
        92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid N/A 13.99 @ 95.22mph
        90 Talon TSi -13.76 @ 99.41

Comment

Working...
        X