Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got pics of my G6 GT coupe up.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got pics of my G6 GT coupe up.....

Here's a few pics of my GT coupe....

A close up of the painted calipers.

Don't forget everyone, SUPPORT THE FORUM!!!
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Where are the pics?

Mike
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Car looks great! What wheels are those?

John
      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Great job on the calipers, just out of curiosity, why didn't you paint the rotors also??? you would definitely be able to see that portion with those rims.
        Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
        GT-R Exhaust System
        K&N Typhoon CAB
        EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
        EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Comment

looks good, and clean

It just rained on mine
          2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

GPTGuy82-Are you serious about the pics not showing up?? They worked for others?

Emerson-Those are the stock, painted 17's that the car came with and I love them, do they look different from other stock wheels??

MDMAS-What part of the rotors are you talking about, I've never painted any part of the rotars but maybe you'll give me an idea

Thanks for the comments guys.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

You can paint everything on the rotors except for the part where the caliper sits on. if you take off the rim, you can see the part i am talking about, basically its the center portion of the rotor. You can tell which part of the rotor the pads touch, just don't paint where the pads touch.
              GT-R Exhaust System
              K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

Well you CAN paint where the pads touch, but the paint isnt going to stay there very long.
                2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

And your car wont stop for shit. Even once the paint burns off......your car will suck. Like literally suck.
                  GT-R Exhaust System
                  K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

well what I'm waiting for is some drilled and slotted rotors to come out for our cars with an anti rust coating on the entire rotor except the contact part. However depending on how long it may take those to come out I might paint the rotor just a semi-gloss black.

Comment

Yea they weren't showin up before, but I see them now. Nice work on the calipers.

Mike
                      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                        Yea they weren't showin up before, but I see them now. Nice work on the calipers.

Mike
                        Thanks for the compliment, they were a ton of work-then again I have no clue where my jack went so I was using the stock jack for the car doing one wheel at a time. Plus the two piece calipers were so much more work compared to the smaller calipers I've done. But it was worth it, the red stands out so much on the darker colors and I love it.

Comment

The calipers look great. looks like you spent a lot of time on them. How long did they take you?
                          GT-R Exhaust System
                          K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

lol I love how you changed your sig MDMAS, I'm on the list and ready to buy. As for the calipers I would roughly say each one took 1 hour to completely finish from unbolting to bolting back up and torquing the wheel down. The reason I spend so much time on each on is because if the prep work isn't done perfectly the paint won't lay flat, it will leave little pits where it's not sticking to the metal. Just for clarification for those of you who might paint your calipers. Buy some Orange hand cleaner, take your calipers off and rub them down with the Orange hand cleaner, wash that off with a hose, then use the brake cleaner thats included with the kit, after all that blow them completely dry with an air hose, finally your ready to paint-its the best way I've found.

Comment

You should have taken pictures of your progess and posted a write up in the How-To section you loser. haha.
                              GT-R Exhaust System
                              K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

Working...
                              X