painted the mirrors today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painted the mirrors today.

Was slow at work today so I pulled the car into the shop and pulled the mirrors off the car. (have to pull the door panels due to the connector for the mirrors are behind it.)

Took them over to the bodyshop and had our painter spray them the body colour. Not the best pics due to the lighting in the shop, but you get the picture.

Also pulled the little square GM badges off the doors too... Just not digging them at all.

Looks heaps better with the mirrors painted to match. He had to add 3 extra coats of clear to make them look smooth due to the mirror plastic is rough textured. Said it was easier to just add more clear coat than to fuck around sanding down the clear to get it smooth due to the roughness.
    Colin.
    06 G6 GTP. 6spd.
    92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid N/A 13.99 @ 95.22mph
    90 Talon TSi -13.76 @ 99.41

For the third time Looks good colin! lol
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

That looks really cool. It flows a lot better.

Mike
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I cannot believe how good those mirrors look, looks like a complete different car.
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Hey, thats the ticket. I want to paint mine in the future, plus the rocker panels and the rear lower facia. I don't know why they painted them black. Looks like sh====t. Oh well plenty to do.
          Hey, this is Amanda, check out my G6 Coupe on cardomain.com It has a cool wing from spoilers-direct.com. Motegi Racing DV5 chrome 18x8's and Kuhmo SPT performance tires. I'll be adding eibach prokit in the near future.

Comment

OMG, I have been thinking this would be great! I would also like heated signal mirrors.... Anyone know how to make that happen?

BTW, looks great!
            Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

you could always buy the clear LED arrows off Ebay, run the wire behind the mirror into the door and into the cabin and connect the wire to one of your turn signal wires. I've always wanted to try the ones they sell on Ebay but its kinda a lot of work to get those wires ran through the door.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
                I would also like heated signal mirrors.... Anyone know how to make that happen?
                What a few guys, I work with have done, is take a set of the truck mirrors with the turn signal in them. He then took apart his stock mirror on his car, and then had a friend who runs a glass buisness recut the Yukon mirror glass to the size of his stock car's mirrors. Pulled the mirror portion out of the plastic mirror holding piece and glued the new recut turn signal mirror glass in place. Wired it up to work with the turn signals. Alot of work but can be done.
                Colin.
                06 G6 GTP. 6spd.

Comment

As I've already said....HOT, looks much better!!
                  2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Wow, that turned out GREAT! I think I might do that to mine this weekend!
                    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

How much did that cost.

Comment

Originally posted by G6Chris
                        How much did that cost.
                        cost me $20 (canadian) due to I'm friends with the painter from the bodyshop here at work and it was done just on the side.
                        Colin.
                        06 G6 GTP. 6spd.

Comment

It looks pretty sweet man. seems to make the car flow a little better and look a little more sleek.
                          Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
                          GT-R Exhaust System
                          K&N Typhoon CAB
                          EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
                          EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Comment

omg that looks so good, I think it wouldnt make the car look AS nicer if it werent a bright color like yours is though. Like on a gray g6 getting the mirrors painted it wouldnt make as much of a difference as a blue one
                            2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

yeah I'd like to pain mine but I don't think it will matter too much on a granite metallic body.

Comment

Working...
                              X