Torque steer or bad alignment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque steer or bad alignment?

When accelerating hard from a slow roll the car pulls really bad to the side. I've only noticed it since I got my new tires that grip, rather then spinning. So do you think I could have an alignment issue or bad torque steer.
    My Car Domain
    Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Re: Torque steer or bad alignment?

when your driving on a flat straight stretch of road does the car drift the same way when you let off the wheel? if yes then alignment is out if no its probly just torque steer. it could be alignment but odds are torque steer

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I'm pretty sure she drives straight, but i'll have to check to make sure.
      My Car Domain
      Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

if it only happens during hard accel and no other time, then its torque steer. i know the 3.9L has torque steer, but its nothing major

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
        Originally posted by ahuhn
        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

i would say it's torque steer. i have the same problem and have had my wheels aligned.

Progression Page

Comment

its torque steer. i have it pretty bad to when i accelerate hard
            2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
            2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
            613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
            11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
            New numbers coming soon........

Comment

they said it. sounds like torque steer.
              just be careful when youre goin down the road n punch it to pass. that torque steer will get ya. ive already had mine catch me off guard n almost go in the ditch with me. only bad thing about front wheel drive with a bit a of hp.

Originally posted by acxdarlene
              no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

Ya looks like we have a winner. I've got used to the torque steer when passing but its when I'm flooring it in a straight line thats catching me off guard. Its got to be because I got tires that grip instead of spin at low speeds. Thanks
                My Car Domain

Comment

Torque steer, what a bitch. Punched it to pass and a Freightliner almost had me for lunch. Only gotten worse since I got a VMS tune. Just steer the opposite way a little more when you get on it.
                  CRAB CAB Intake, Orange Dart Overlays, Orange Calipers, VMS 93 Tune
                  Soon to come: GT-R exhaust, Orange GXP Overlays

Comment

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its all due to Global Warming and the Corealis Effect. lemme know if I'm right opcorn:

- Alpine IVA-w505 7" DVD with built in Blackbird GPS
                    - JL 1000.1 Amp
                    - JL 12" W7
                    - 10% Front Tint, 5% Rear

Comment

Originally posted by Dubbzzz
                      I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its all due to Global Warming and the Corealis Effect. lemme know if I'm right opcorn:

torque steer is known to the state if California to cause cancer, reproductive problems, serious injury or death

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                      Originally posted by ahuhn
                      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

i would put money on alignment... i had very very little torque steer even on dropped tire pressure at the sticky strip, but when my alignment got off it torque steered with 32 psi tires on normal road. but if you can drive down a strait flat road without drifting it shouldnt be alignment

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

My old G6 had major torque steer when accelerating from a stop. My solution was to trade it in for a brand new GXP!

Comment

I'm thinking for now I'll just have to get used to the fact that I need to hands on the wheel when crushing it. Next time I go get my oil changed I'll have them check it out. It's $50 if it needs to be done, but if it doesn't when they check they don't charge anything. Not quite sure when I'm due for one but I post the results here.
                            My Car Domain

Comment

Originally posted by Dubbzzz
                              And if it IS corealis, then he can go south of the equator, punch it, and experience the car pull the OPPOSITE way!
                              2009 PONTIAC G8
                              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
                              X