Changer Parked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changer Parked

Okay so yesterday im washing the car and I like to listen to music of course while im cleaning the inside and i notice the cd player starting to distort. So im like w/e i thought it was just the song. So I turn it off after i had already moved ot to the other side of the driveway. Finished with tire shine and chrome polish. I came out this morning to go to school and when i go to start it starts but starts all funny. I turn it off and try to start it again and it wont start. Then i notice the radio screen saying CHANGER PARKED. I looke over the internet and it only has 2 things about it and says nothing how to fix it. Can someone fill me in and maybe have something that i can do to resolve this?

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
    I'm open to other ideas that'll make my car sick awesome super deluxe pro-friggin BOOYAH yo, as long as they're cheap.

Re: Changer Parked

Originally posted by Detro
    Okay so yesterday im washing the car and I like to listen to music of course while im cleaning the inside and i notice the cd player starting to distort. So im like w/e i thought it was just the song. So I turn it off after i had already moved ot to the other side of the driveway. Finished with tire shine and chrome polish. I came out this morning to go to school and when i go to start it starts but starts all funny. I turn it off and try to start it again and it wont start. Then i notice the radio screen saying CHANGER PARKED. I looke over the internet and it only has 2 things about it and says nothing how to fix it. Can someone fill me in and maybe have something that i can do to resolve this?
    They've been discussing this for a while over on the G6 Owner's Club board but nobody (including one guy's local dealer) seems to have a definitive answer. Mine has been displaying that everytime I open a door or the trunk without the key in it for a while and I've only had my 6 for 7 months with a bit over 5k miles on it.

I just assumed it was a safety thing for the radio but everyone else seems to think there is an issue. Other than the message displaying, I have had no other ill side-effects, although I only use the radio and the AUX port for my iPod - no CD's.

PMJ

Appearance: Tints (35% sides, 20% rear); Chrome Emblem Overlays; De-Badged; Red Calipers; RagingNets Cargo Net; SRP Racing Pedals; XenonDepot 6500k lows; LED Tails & 3rd Brake Light
    Performance: Crab CAB; WAMS 93 Tune
    Sound: Kenwood DNX-8120; Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-4 Amp powering JBL GTO627 Fronts & Infinity Kappa 693.9i Rears; JL Audio Slash 250/1v2 Amp powering JL Audio 13TW5 12" Subwoofer

Comment

mine did that when the battery got real low. was fine the first time it cranked after it recharged.
      probably be fine after you start it n run it the first time.

what year 6?

Originally posted by acxdarlene
      no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

Do you mean the car won't start or the cd won't start? I've gotten the CHANGER PARKED message a lot of times. I think it's when you disconnect the power and reconnect. I'm under the impression that it has pulled the loaded cd into the changer for protection so it won't get the lens scratched if you're moving from one place to another. Just a guess though.

I've never had a problem with it, it just took a little longer because it had to grab a cd to start playing. Try holding the eject button till all the cds come out and make sure one isn't terribly scratched and not playing right. Do any of them have labels stuck on that could be jamming?

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

Originally posted by scuba264
          Do you mean the car won't start or the cd won't start? I've gotten the CHANGER PARKED message a lot of times. I think it's when you disconnect the power and reconnect. I'm under the impression that it has pulled the loaded cd into the changer for protection so it won't get the lens scratched if you're moving from one place to another. Just a guess though.

I've never had a problem with it, it just took a little longer because it had to grab a cd to start playing. Try holding the eject button till all the cds come out and make sure one isn't terribly scratched and not playing right. Do any of them have labels stuck on that could be jamming?
          Mine displays it and I don't have any CD's in the drive... I did once after I bought it, but not since. Do you think if I load CD's and then eject them it might reset? Maybe I'll try that.... gotta go find some CD's somewhere around here...

PMJ

Appearance: Tints (35% sides, 20% rear); Chrome Emblem Overlays; De-Badged; Red Calipers; RagingNets Cargo Net; SRP Racing Pedals; XenonDepot 6500k lows; LED Tails & 3rd Brake Light
          Sound: Kenwood DNX-8120; Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-4 Amp powering JBL GTO627 Fronts & Infinity Kappa 693.9i Rears; JL Audio Slash 250/1v2 Amp powering JL Audio 13TW5 12" Subwoofer

Comment

Waaaa?!?!?!
            I've never seen this.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I went to a dealer with one of my friends a couple months ago when she bought her new G6 and I got in a GXP in the showroom and when I opened the door I noticed that the radio screen flashed. I tried it again and it said the same thing. Weird that it happened on one that was on the showroom floor still.

Comment

Well, going with Scuba's theory of the power disconnect (this probably occurred with mine when I had new speakers and an amp installed), I went out to my car, started it, loaded 6 CD's, cycled through all 6, then removed all 6.

I'll let you know tomorrow after it's been driven a couple times (night job) tonight if it in fact reset...

PMJ

Comment

charger parked is a message that should only be seen once and thats typiocaly comming off the truck at teh dealer let me research and come back

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                  Originally posted by snowmanG6
                  you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

ok after research i finally found what i was looking for

Ok, here's the story I got on "Changer Parked":

On new or new service part radios, the changer mechanism is "parked" to prevent mechanism shock while transporting or shipping.

When the radio first sees battery voltage for the first time, the "Changer Parked" message comes on for about five seconds and goes away.

Pressing the Load button causes the changer to be "un-parked" and go into normal operation. It will stay un-parked from that point on.

If this message is staying on, and pressing Load doesn't clear it up, then something else is going on.

and now i find the bulletin that also states it

#PIC4509A: Radio Displays Changer Parked Message - keywords battery CD display int intermittent intermittently no owners park radio - (Dec 27, 2007)

Subject: Radio Displays "Changer Parked" Message

Models: 2004-2007 Chevrolet Malibu

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Classic

2005-2008 Pontiac G6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superseded to update models and model years. Please discard PIC4509.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
                    A customer may comment that the radio will display a "Changer Parked" message intermittently at times, and there is NO explanation in the owner's manual for this message.

Recommendation/Instructions:
                    This message will display after the CD mechanism has initialized or when you manually park the CD mechanism. Initialization occurs normally upon a battery reconnect. The mechanism will unpark itself once you press the CD load button.

Note: After pressing the CD load button, you will NOT get a message that's it's unparked.

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Thanks guys for the help. We jus had aaa come out and jump it and we took it to a service place and all the levels were fine. But if it happens again ill know what to do. Again thanks for the info.

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
                      I'm open to other ideas that'll make my car sick awesome super deluxe pro-friggin BOOYAH yo, as long as they're cheap.

Comment

I'm glad I could find the fix for this problem. I'm always working on the car, disconnecting the battery. That message was on of those things that just bugged me.

Comment

Working...
                        X