This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G6 VS same class cars

I was thinking that the GP GXP was not in our class because its a V8.... but I guess thats not all that important either, cause SRT4's are only four bangers... engine size isnt everything i guess... lol

LOL thats what I was thinking when I wrote that tho

Anyone know what sort of numbers a base GrandPrix runs?? how would it compare to an LS Malibu, or a base G6 sedan???
    2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      yes and no. the SXT might be in our power class but drive terrain its not.
      Drive terrain?

I thought it was a drive train.
      im no spellin be champ so

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
      Originally posted by ahuhn
      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Clearly
        Spelling BEE
        Do what you like. Like what you do.

Comment

im not well edjamuked i went to public skool

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
          Originally posted by ahuhn
          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by 06MaxxSS
            Anyone know what sort of numbers a base GrandPrix runs?? how would it compare to an LS Malibu, or a base G6 sedan???
            I belive the 3800 series III GP run 0-60 in 8-8.5 seconds. The Malibu LS is the same, and a 2.4L base G6 is 10 seconds
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
              I belive the 3800 series III GP run 0-60 in 8-8.5 seconds. The Malibu LS is the same, and a 2.4L base G6 is 10 seconds
              Because my brother has a 2007 GP 3800. And he always talks about kicking my ass in a race... Im not so sure... LOL
              2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Got a feeling the Malibu would teach him a lesson. I just traded an 04 GP GT and it couldn't come close to my G6 GXP. 200hp base, a little more with my mods, and not sure on the torque. The 6 had it beat all around.
                CRAB CAB Intake, Orange Dart Overlays, Orange Calipers, VMS 93 Tune
                Soon to come: GT-R exhaust, Orange GXP Overlays

Comment

Because my brother has a 2007 GP 3800. And he always talks about kicking my ass in a race... Im not so sure... LOL

I will tell you what..... you can tell your brother even if he had the GP GT that was supercharged in 07 it still wouldnt help! Unfotrtinally, the 3800 SC is over rated. Basically EVERYONE with a 3900 that has came across a 3800 SC, the numbers on the paper say it should be a dead even race but it isnt for some reason. The 3800 SC is about half a car slower then the 3900 stock for stock 0-60
                  2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                  Gotta have it Green color
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack
                  GT500 track pack differential cover
                  BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

good to know!!!
                    2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Comment

Just a few cars with alike horsepower I have decided to stomp on.
                      I have a 08 G6 Gxp Stock.

1/4 Mile Races
                      04 Mustang GT 40th Ann. 5 Speed Manual, CAI, Exhaust, And Nitto G's on Back
                      Was ahead a car until 100ish side by side. About a even race at end. Slight bumper advantage for the g6.

Races till 110ish
                      08 Pontiac G6 Coupe GT
                      I beat from a 60-110ish punch beat them by 3-4 cars easy.

06 Cobalt SS, Bigger Pulley, CAI, maybe other mods.
                      45-120 race, pretty much dead even, pulling on each other between shift points.

2009 Chevy HHR SS Turbo Stock
                      30-100 race, had about a Car and half on them.

2002 Mit. Eclipise GT, CAI, Headers, Exhaust.
                      Beat from 0-80ish by 2-3 cars.

2010 Mustang V6 4.0L Stock
                      50-90ish beat by a few cars at least.

s10 Extreme 4.3L
                      60-120ish beat by 4-5 cars

Many others I will have to post vids asap

Comment

Would love to see them Vids man

Comment

A previous comment made about the GP gxp creaming us, I beat one this past friday at the strip, yes it had the ls4 v8 i had a 14.71 he ran 14.77, his best run of the night was 14.39, so i dont get where they "Cream us" ??

Comment

Working...
                          X