Hub Caps vs. Rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hub Caps vs. Rims?

This may be a really stupid question and I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

I would like to get new Rims however, I can't offered the amount of money it cost to buy them. I have noticed though that there are some nice hub caps.

Is it a good or bad thing to just change the hub caps of my car instead of buying new rims? I would ofcourse get hub caps that fit the tire exactly.

any opinions or comments would be appreciated.

Again, if this is a stupid question I am really sorry.

Take care.
    Dru$teele!!!

Mods: Debadged, four interior LED lights, Neon spoiler

Re: Hub Caps vs. Rims?

as long as they aren't the spinner hub caps its fine. I wouldn't go with the flashy plastic imo. Nothing wrong with hub caps, but keep it modest otherwise its going to look bad.
    2007 G6 GT Coupe 3.9L 6 speed MT
    -Custom CAI

"All I wanted me was a little cornbread you motherf**kers! All I wanted me was a little cornbread"

Comment

hahaha...i hear you on the spinners. No no...I just want something more stylish. The factory G6 looks horrible.

Thinking of some chrome hub caps from the sun-fire or toyota...
      Dru$teele!!!

Mods: Debadged, four interior LED lights, Neon spoiler

Comment

what do the stock G6 hubs caps look like again???

I want to give you an educated opinion

What about buying a used set off ebay or outta your local classifieds?? or even scrap yards will sell rims for a reasonable price... just a thought... 17 inch alloys really are a dime a dozen anymore...
        2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

ive seen some ppl take off the hubcaps. i dont personally like it but it looks better from a distance. i wouldnt put new hubcaps on it. just the thought of "hey i got new hubcaps" is kinda trashy to me.IMHO. i would save up for new rims.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
          TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
          Show
          -20% tint
          -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
          -Professionally heated seats

Comment

save up, find an inexpensive set of rims. people sell their stock rims on here all the time usually for a good price or try ebay. whens the last time you heard someone say "hey nice car, i really like the hubcaps?"
            Packers Record: 4-4
            Steelers Record: 5-2
            Cyclones Record: bad
            High School STATE QUARTERFINALS!!

Comment

I'm trying to think of anybody who has put on an aftermarket set of hubcaps on their G6

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

look for g6 rims at a junkyard cant be more can $150 for 16" alloys

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
                Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
                Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
                -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

You can do it, but just be careful. There are still people out there who still steal them, believe it or not. Maybe that's what you should do..
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Actually the '08 caps look really good IMO (especially compared to the other years) but nothing beats rims. I'll be buying some hubcaps myself but they will be for my winter tires... It's my first set of chrome wheels and I am not going to let snow or calcium touch them in any way!
                    COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
                    Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
                    MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

For those who can't remember what the G6's hubcaps look like:

2005-2007

2007-2008

Back in 2004 my dealership thought that the hubcaps on the G6 were so ugly that they always ordered them with rims!
                      COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).

Comment

Originally posted by RockstarMentality
                        save up, find an inexpensive set of rims. people sell their stock rims on here all the time usually for a good price or try ebay. whens the last time you heard someone say "hey nice car, i really like the hubcaps?"
                        just save up so you can get what you want. If it means having to put it off and having to wait, then so be it. That'll just show that you'll have something on your car that you can appriciate and say that you bought a set of rims that you wanted. Just something I did and I feel good about. My 2 cents. Lets us know what you decide.

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                        Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

What is it that you have on you ride anyways?
                          COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

Comment

Originally posted by coulomjo
                            For those who can't remember what the G6's hubcaps look like:

2005-2007

2007-2008

Back in 2004 my dealership thought that the hubcaps on the G6 were so ugly that they always ordered them with rims!
                            Yeah, the new ones are decent looking.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

the new ones kinda look like gto rims... is our car suposed to be the GTO minus the engine?
                              another thing, if you cant afford to get nice rims NOW and have to save up, then theyll be that much more special. and ull have that extra set of wheels for the winter
                              Packers Record: 4-4
                              Steelers Record: 5-2
                              Cyclones Record: bad
                              High School STATE QUARTERFINALS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X