Key fob programing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key fob programing

i just got my G6 and it didnt have the key fobs for the keyless entry, it has it just no key fobs. also found out about the factory alarm on accident..DOH! ha. anywho does anyone know how much it would be to get the key fobs progamed, i read online that you cant do the G6 yourself. thx

Re: Key fob programing

You need the Tech 2 for that, i.e. need to go to a dealer.

Depending on how well you know your service department, they might do it for free, or 50-100, depending on labour rate.
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

My dealership wanted to charge me $70 to program my fob. That was before I made them do it for free
      <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbzino
        My dealership wanted to charge me $70 to program my fob. That was before I made them do it for free
        How did you make them? Threaten to show them Roseanne's spread in Gear Magazine?
        "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
        ~~GWAR's description of Hell
        Skaði: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Comment

If obviously the car came with keyless, the dealer should have provided you with the remotes. Their bad, it should be programmed done for free. Remotes provided for free as well.

Originally posted by acxdarlene
            no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

Originally posted by 08blackgt
              If obviously the car came with keyless, the dealer should have provided you with the remotes. Their bad, it should be programmed done for free. Remotes provided for free as well.
              Not true. It can have the RPO code and be wired for it, but not programmed for it. Hence you can add it at a later date. Same issue the guy who posted the "Remote Start" thread has.
              Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.
              Originally posted by schenko
              If I could have a woody, I would.

Comment

Dealership I worked for had that policy, but then again, this was years ago.
                Never ran into the had the rpo code, but wasnt wired for it deal.

Originally posted by acxdarlene
                no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

Yea, if you look up part # 17800737 on gmpd, it's the key fobs and batteries for RKE/Remote start if you already have the harness and wiring for it.
                  Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.
                  Originally posted by schenko
                  If I could have a woody, I would.

Comment

can any dealer do this, because i didnt buy it at a pontiac dealership.

Comment

Just take it to any GM dealer.

Comment

okay, thx

Comment

Working...
                        X