AC Delco stuff any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AC Delco stuff any good?

The powerslots are a little cheaper than the EBC, maybe 30-40 bucks a pair.

Originally posted by SSsuperstar
    EBC quality performance replacement parts. Thats what I'm ordering next. They have slotted/dimpled rotors for the G6/Malibu in black zinc coating and silver coating. I'm gonna get the black ones that go awesome with my red calipers. and then a set of brake pads as well.. 222.44 for the front set 11.7" and 181.67 for the rear set 10.6"

I just did a mock order..and it came to about 555 and some change for a the front rotors, rear rotors, and front and rear sets of pads...
    Just want to let you know, The color differences on the EBC Rotors, don't have different part numbers. Supposedly the zinc (goldish) are for imports and the silver are for domestic applications. But from what I'm being told from suppliers, you get what you get..... they guarantee the pair will be the same color.... I orderd my EBC rotors/red stuff pads, and they'll be here today. Interested to see what color they come... not really a fan of the goldish look.
    Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
    GT-R Exhaust System
    K&N Typhoon CAB
    EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
    EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Comment

wow i must of looked at the ebc stuff wrong. cause i didnt price them for that low, but i might of not read them as sets either

i would of gotten those as they had the dimple/slotted ones

Comment

The rotors are supposed to be black zinc coated to prevent corrosion. MDMA did you order the black zinc coated or the silver finish? Take pics during the install and then after the install...and let me know how easy it was..my buddy and I are going to do it in the next month or so...

Well..so much for waiting a month...my rotors and pads are now on order...I ordered them from the speed shop I work at...so i can get a discount.
        CarDomain - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2932943

2006 'SS' Malibu
        Tune Time ECM/TCM tune
        Injen Clone Stage 4 Intake
        Pooners C.R.A.B.
        2 1/2" Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
        EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Rotors w/ Red stuff Pads
        Est. 227 HP 224 Torque at wheels
        Est. 267 HP 263 Torque at crank

Comment

I'll take a closer look at buying Powerslots then. Any Canadian vendors sell them?

Comment

Lemme know what you find because I can't handle to vibration I get when decelerating from 170km/h lol
            <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbzino
              Lemme know what you find because I can't handle to vibration I get when decelerating from 170km/h lol
              why are you doing 170 neways...

and where?/
              you really want your car seized?

Comment

Originally posted by Meehdabeautiful

and where?/
                Sorry mommy lol

I was on a country road, and the on the 401 and den, and den......I LOVE speed! It's a curse I tells ya!
                <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

Originally posted by Meehdabeautiful

and where?/
                  Sorry mommy lol

I was on a country road, and the on the 401 and den, and den......I LOVE speed! It's a curse I tells ya!
                  lol I hear ya, I seem to have a knack for avoiding Police when it comes to speeding. I've been a speed demon numerous times and right when I've had enough (I'm back down to the normal speed limit) I see a Police cruiser around the corner lol. One day, my luck will run out... I'm sure of it

Comment

Yup lol

I just went to court for a 101 in a 70 and I pleaded it down to 85 in a 70 which is no points and a $37 fine. I was hoping the cop wouldn't show up but no luck
                    <----Got a red 6?

Comment

Yup lol

I just went to court for a 101 in a 70 and I pleaded it down to 85 in a 70 which is no points and a $37 fine. I was hoping the cop wouldn't show up but no luck
                      lol sucks when that happens... though I haven't had to experience that yet.. all of my friends have been screwed over thinking the cop wouldn't show up... then BAM one of them got 11 demerit points for racing and dangerous driving hahaha... owned

Comment

Yeah, sorry, the black zinc coated are for domestics. The goldish are for imports. I just got the rotors in for the front.... they split shipped my order! The rear rotors/pads won't be here till Monday. The entire rotor comes Zinc coated (black). After use, the portion of the rotor that touches the pad becomes silver. The center hub portion of the rotor stays black. Here's what my order was:

Front/Rear EBC slotted/dimpled Zinc coated Rotors
                        Front/Rear EBC red stuff pads

paid $475.00 for all shipped. I will take pics when I install them. Probably next wednesday.
                        GT-R Exhaust System
                        K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

Ok, Here's one of the front rotors 11.7" :
                          GT-R Exhaust System
                          K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

looks good. i think i wish i would of read that they came in sets

oh well powerslots on their way

get to work opcorn:

Comment

Wednesday they'll be on... all 4.
                              GT-R Exhaust System
                              K&N Typhoon CAB

Comment

They look real nice. and since I already have red calipers...they will look awesome..especially with the white "SS" decals I ordered from Grafxwerks. I just can't wait to get these badboys on...
                                CarDomain - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2932943

2006 'SS' Malibu
                                Tune Time ECM/TCM tune
                                Injen Clone Stage 4 Intake
                                Pooners C.R.A.B.
                                2 1/2" Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
                                EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Rotors w/ Red stuff Pads
                                Est. 227 HP 224 Torque at wheels
                                Est. 267 HP 263 Torque at crank

Comment

Working...
                                X