Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AC Delco stuff any good?

Originally posted by SSsuperstar
    I didn't have to bleed my system because my mechanic said he didn't let any air get in..so..yea...he's the expert..and the brakes work exceptionally well..so I am very excited..and I got my intake installed which was a nightmare but overall I'm very happy with it...
    <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

oh...i never hesitate to take pics...h/o lemme go get my camera...edit coming soon
      CarDomain - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2932943

2006 'SS' Malibu
      Tune Time ECM/TCM tune
      Injen Clone Stage 4 Intake
      Pooners C.R.A.B.
      2 1/2" Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
      EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Rotors w/ Red stuff Pads
      Est. 227 HP 224 Torque at wheels
      Est. 267 HP 263 Torque at crank

Comment

Originally posted by SSsuperstar
        oh...i never hesitate to take pics...h/o lemme go get my camera...edit coming soon
        lol opcorn:
        <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

okay...i decided to add a new reply instead of editing my last post...im not gonna show the intake here..ill do that in the intake thread..but ill show the brakes...excuse my dirty rims...i bought the wrong tire shine stuff and it left a residue on my rims that the dirt attracted to..but my rims are getting polished when my car gets waxed in the next few weeks anyways...

CarDomain - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2932943

2006 'SS' Malibu
          Tune Time ECM/TCM tune
          Injen Clone Stage 4 Intake
          Pooners C.R.A.B.
          2 1/2" Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
          EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Rotors w/ Red stuff Pads
          Est. 227 HP 224 Torque at wheels
          Est. 267 HP 263 Torque at crank

Comment

Mine's pulsating again, debating whether I should take it in for them to give me new rotors (they said it was GM's policy) while doing the brake maintenance, or should I just go straight to replace them myself.

I'm eyeing the OEM compatible rotors by Brembo and the Hawk Ceramic pads.

But if I have to pay, I will NOT go back to AC Delco.
            <-- Gray G6? Click!
            2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
            2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
            Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Very nice! I love the black and red Will the rotors wear down to silver or no?
              <----Got a red 6?

Comment

When Changing the pads/rotors air shouldn't get into to hydraulic system.... but as the pads wear, the piston has a further distance to travel, and that's how air tends to get inside. IF the pedal feels hard as a rock you're good to go. If there's any play, you should bleed them.

I think brembo only makes fronts that are an upgrade if I remember correctly (which is why I didn't go the Brembo route.)
                Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
                GT-R Exhaust System
                K&N Typhoon CAB
                EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
                EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Comment

I ended up getting some Cquence Ultima dimpled/slotted rotors (front + back) and Soft Tech HP brake pads. Total cost was $374.08 US. Not bad for rotors + brake pads that get pretty good reviews. I'm looking forward to installing them in the coming weeks! Any tips on replacing rotors on the 6? Is it pretty straightforward?

Comment

its easy cheesy...take off caliper, take off nuts on bolts, pull off. reverse

Comment

Working...
                    X