Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tires on snow/ice

If anyone drives on snow...

If anyone has driven a G6 on snow with the stock tires you may have noticed how much they suck!

I made it through one winter here in Wisconsin and that was all I could take. After being told by many to put snow tires on I decided there had to be a better option. Long story short, here is what found.

Continental (I'm Serious! Don't be biased by factory junk rubber)
    Conti Extreme Contact
    245/45R-17 95W BSW (no rubbing issues)

I have 5k miles on them already and we just had over 100 inches of snow this winter and they were awesome! Felt like I was driving an AWD. Its a pretty soft compound but they are still warranted for 40k. Discount Tire $120/per

Best tires I have ever bought for a car. Now I just need to wait for all the potholes to be fixed so I can really have fun!

Done: Crab Intakes Cold Air Box, Leather Steering Wheel Upgrade, Continental Extreme Contact P245/45ZR17 Tires
    Next: TCM Tune, Caliper Paint

Re: Best tires on snow/ice

i hear ya 110%

being from the milwaukee area with close to 100" on stock IT SUCKED BIG ONES(to be nice)

i bought a set of blizakks for next year and im already happy cause i know they cant be worse then this year just isnt possible

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I actually opted for the summer performance tires when I got my car, and I can't believe how well they handle here in Jersey, and we have some pretty crappy winters. I've been hearing alot about Hankook tires recently, and I saw a few cars at the auto show today with them. Plus, one of my managers at work uses them on his Cobalt, and he drives more than an hour from Pennsylvania to work and it seems like it's always snowing there, so he must know something.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I also heard that siping helps bigtime on the harder compound tires.

It was nice not having to keep shutting the TC off just to get moving on ice and melt a path!
        Done: Crab Intakes Cold Air Box, Leather Steering Wheel Upgrade, Continental Extreme Contact P245/45ZR17 Tires
        Next: TCM Tune, Caliper Paint

Comment

I'm torn on what tires to get for mine. In south Pa we normally don't get very much snow. Maybe 1 or 2 storms a year, but once and a while it seems like it never stops snowing. I don't know what to do.
          Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

Working...
          X