Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How To: Fix Sunroof Drain Tubes, Stop Wet Seatbelts, Carpets

Originally posted by balling6
    probabbly a dumb question but what the hell does the coupe with out sunroof have these drain tubes aswell?

no the tubes are for the sunroof
    no sunroof no tubes

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Got mine fixed, I went out and bought tubes to extend the lines rather than try to deal with them pulling and coming out again. Clamped and glued... they ain't going anywhere.

Thanks for the good write up, very easy to do btw.

Comment

I have an 08 G6 GT Coupe and believe i am experiencing this problem after a heavy rain last night. I thought i read somewhere in this thread that GM had fixed this problem in the newer model cars (or should have at least). Has anyone had issues with an 08 or 09?

Comment

I have an 05 sedan and the thing is almost exactly the same... So pissed

Comment

Just got an '06 coupe this week and their is so much discussion on this sunroof thing that I am totally paranoid. Is there any way to have a dealer check the VIN to see if the recall fix was ever done? I don't want to go cracking open interior panels for no reason.

Comment

PM me your vin
              ill let you know

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Re: How To: Fix Sunroof Drain Tubes, Stop Wet Seatbelts, Car

Hey guys, so it looks like i'm another victim of the sunroof leak.
                Does any body now what size the drain tubes are? I wanna extend it so that it has enough slack so this dosn't happen again.

Thanks for any help!

Comment

^I didn't extend mine, pushed them back together and slathered the connections in clear silicone and never had issues with them again
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

theres alot of strain on it tho, I think that your way would work fine but I think I would drive myself crazy wandering if t will come loose

Comment

Hi,

I just wanted to add one thing to the fix... Since there wasn't very much play in the drain tubes, I bought 1/4" clear tubing and 2 - 1/4" inside diameter couplings. I then put the tubing all the way into the green nipple, and used the coupling to connect the black drain tube to the new clear plastic tubing. I found that this was very secure. I did this repair in 04/09 and haven't had any more leaks.

Comment

So looks like iam joining this club also. I woke up to rain and went to drive my car and had a small little river coming from my ceiling lol. Soooo I currently have my car in pieces. Looks like iam going to replace the insulation since its soaked and i might use the guy aboves me idea and run a whole new tube and just glue that sucker in there. Iam tired of this problem lol

Comment

Just joined this club a couple days ago on my 07 coupe I just followed the how to but instead of clamps I used gorilla glue which is some strong stuff so hopefully that holds but yea that tube barely even goes into that green nipple it's pretty stupid. The funniest thing was that when I tore it all down the tube already had a zip tie around it so it had definitely been fixed by the previous owner lol
                          Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn View Post
                            PM me your vin
                            ill let you know
                            Hey ahuhn, Could you check for me?
                            I took my 07 through the car wash and could see drops coming out of the little squares on the pillars and the seatbelts were damp so looks like I've got the same issue.
                            Now We Must All Fear Evil Men, But There Is Another Kind Of Evil Which We Must Fear Most, And That Is The Indifference Of Good Men.

Comment

I've noticed for the second time that under my back seat gets Soaked when it rains really hard. Are there drain tubes that run into the back on the car as well? Or should I be looking for something else?

Comment

Looks like I'm joining the club after 3 years. I had the car in to fix the interior light fuse blowing that someone else mentioned, and about 3 weeks after that we had a hell of a storm, and my seatbelt and floormat was soaked. I hardly have anyone ever ride with me, so maybe it was an issue before and I never noticed it. Dealer wanted $415 bucks to take the headliner down and install something that extended the hose they said. I said screw you. Called GM to try and find a record of the "recall" from a couple of years ago, but looks like it wasn't an offical recall, just a TSB or something. Anyone in KC famielr with this stuff and want to try and help me? Otherwise there is a shop that can do it for about $80.

Edit: I never got the "recall" or Customer satisfaction survey thing in the mail, anyway I could call GM and make a case? Or is it really worth it. It sounds like maybe this wasn't a recall at all, but just a TSB.

TSB Number: 060857004NHTSA Number: 10023912TSB Date: October 1, 2007Date Added to File: February 15, 2008Failing Component:
                                Visibility:Sun Roof AssemblySummary:
                                Wet headliner, seat belt, front or rear floor/sunroof water leak (inspect rear drains and correct routing/install extensions).
                                Last edited by Sticks07GTP; 12-17-2010, 03:34 PM.
                                Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.
                                Originally posted by schenko
                                If I could have a woody, I would.

Comment

Working...
                                X