Bodybuilding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodybuilding!

Alright you meat heads, im creating this since there is nothing on this forum on bodybuilding and i know theres got to be a few of you meat heads in here. Post anything you want regarding bodybuilding, health, nutrition, supplements, competition, powerlifting, etc. Your routine also and how much you lift. And if any of you compete then post away, you get the point, anything related to bodybuilding.

Ill start, Ive been working out since high school so its been a while that ive been in the gym environment but i stopped for a good 2 years. Pretty much i had lost almost everything that i had gained and i was gaining a beer belly so i couldnt take it anymore and i started working out again. Ive regained part of my old strength but i still have a lot to go. I currently have a bench of 275 for a 1 rep max. But training right now so i can get to 300lbs in about 12 weeks. Only thing im taking right now is creatine and protein. So thats my story for now since this is just to start the thread

I hope im not the only one

Other then from what i already know and reading the arnold encyclopedia, and taking weight training in high school and college, i get most of my stuff from here

http://bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html

i hope to get some feedback and get some motivation going here

P.S. To the mods, if this thread actually goes any where and there are ppl here other then me who are into this, can this be made a sticky?
    Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ. Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

Re: Bodybuilding!

I lft for a good period on and off. I just started back 2 weeks ago after having back surgery last May. I have gone solid working out 12 out of the last 14 days. My bench is embarassing but I am curling 45lbs dumbells single handedly like a champ. I am taking Muscletech Creatine and love it. I have alerady noticed big quick gains and my arms are lookin damn good too.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
    Originally posted by [i
    Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

I've been out of action for the past month due to neck and back pains. I was doing pretty well up until then, now I basically have to start all over. I went back to the gym Monday and did some upper body and cardio. Same thing on Wednesday. Gotta get those lower body exercises going though..most people totally ignore that, and that's bad.

I'll usually have a protein shake after my workout. I use Optimum Nutrition...right now I have vanilla ice cream flavor and rocky road sitting in my cabinets. The vanilla goes great with milk and frozen fruit in a blender. And the rocky road tastes awesome with milk or with a scoop of peanut butter. 23G of protein per scoop. I'm also taking Muscletech Creakic, which helps let you get that last rep in before muscle failure.

Yes I'm pretty much obsessed with working out and nutrition...it helps that my girlfriend is a personal trainer too Sometimes she says I should become one.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

depending on where this goes, yes it might become a sticky

i havent been in a long time, actually since i bought a house and have been working on it alot since moving in. i plan to start back up here shortly though.

i always used this for a supplement, recommended by a sports nutritionist

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/cgt.html

its pretty cheap and has everything you need to help you out, creatine/glutamine/taurine

and best of all, tastes great. especially the lemonade, it is like fresh squeezed with sugar

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
          I've been out of action for the past month due to neck and back pains. I was doing pretty well up until then, now I basically have to start all over. I went back to the gym Monday and did some upper body and cardio. Same thing on Wednesday. Gotta get those lower body exercises going though..most people totally ignore that, and that's bad.

I'll usually have a protein shake after my workout. I use Optimum Nutrition...right now I have vanilla ice cream flavor and rocky road sitting in my cabinets. The vanilla goes great with milk and frozen fruit in a blender. And the rocky road tastes awesome with milk or with a scoop of peanut butter. 23G of protein per scoop. I'm also taking Muscletech Creakic, which helps let you get that last rep in before muscle failure.

Yes I'm pretty much obsessed with working out and nutrition...it helps that my girlfriend is a personal trainer too Sometimes she says I should become one.
          im guilty of ignoring legs ive always done upper body mostly triceps i know i know i have to start doing legs. Especially now since im just starting to get back into the gym, i should start doing legs also i gotta find me a personal trainer wiffey

Originally posted by bluegtp33
          depending on where this goes, yes it might become a sticky

i havent been in a long time, actually since i bought a house and have been working on it alot since moving in. i plan to start back up here shortly though.

i always used this for a supplement, recommended by a sports nutritionist

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/cgt.html

its pretty cheap and has everything you need to help you out, creatine/glutamine/taurine

and best of all, tastes great. especially the lemonade, it is like fresh squeezed with sugar
          never heard of that one b4, i might look into it but i already have my creatine so i wont be getting anything new for a while. im actually looking right now for a good multivitamin, do any of you guys know a good one?

Well i went to the gym today, worked out my biceps. I was extremely disappointed in myself i suck at curling i have a lot to do now, my goal is to gain at least 20-30 lbs of mass in the next year, and lower my bf to about 15% at least. Thats my goal for 2008 and also to bench at least 350lbs. what are your goals ppl?
          Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ. Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

Comment

For gains like that you're gonna need to consume a LOT of protein daily, at least 1 to 1.5g per pound of your body weight. And your workouts will need to consist of heavy lifting to the point of muscle failure. Maybe 6-8 reps of the heaviest weights you can do. Then, when you've reached failure, lower the weights and go to failure again.

Oh yea, I take Centrum multivitamin. I really don't see a need for any other brand, as this one contains everything I need.

My goal is to just basically get my bodyfat down as low as possible. I don't wanna get HUGE huge, but I wanna be a little bigger and stronger. I also wanna get my abs in shape. They're the most difficult muscles to train since it takes forever to see any differences. Cardio 3-4 times a week will help though.
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
              For gains like that you're gonna need to consume a LOT of protein daily, at least 1 to 1.5g per pound of your body weight. And your workouts will need to consist of heavy lifting to the point of muscle failure. Maybe 6-8 reps of the heaviest weights you can do. Then, when you've reached failure, lower the weights and go to failure again.

Oh yea, I take Centrum multivitamin. I really don't see a need for any other brand, as this one contains everything I need.

My goal is to just basically get my bodyfat down as low as possible. I don't wanna get HUGE huge, but I wanna be a little bigger and stronger. I also wanna get my abs in shape. They're the most difficult muscles to train since it takes forever to see any differences. Cardio 3-4 times a week will help though.
              yup you hit the nail on the head, thats exactly what im doing im taking about 250-300 grams of protein daily and also creatine. Im also doing really heavy benching and low reps. I already have most of my routine done for the next 3 months at least alot of benching and alot of tricep building and im also doing a reverse pyramid routine where i start high weight first set and lower the weight every set but higher reps. So its something like 245lbs X 4, then 225 x5, then 205 x 6, then 185 x 8. then do one last set with 135 x failure. Those numbers are just what im currently using for now until i start getting my strength back and get stronger. That just what i start with, then i do flys, then tricep pulldowns, and then i do dips with leaning forward to target my chest more. Thats my monday workout

Comment

if you are wanting to decrease body fat % then you need to do legs. they build muscle faster and muscle burns more calories thru out day. so to build it there would benefit you more

you should definetly try that supplement, tastes great and works great too. so 4 people work out here? where is joey i know he does

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                  if you are wanting to decrease body fat % then you need to do legs. they build muscle faster and muscle burns more calories thru out day. so to build it there would benefit you more

you should definetly try that supplement, tastes great and works great too. so 4 people work out here? where is joey i know he does
                  lmao yea i know i know i am definitely guilty on not working out my legs but im going to start soon i promise. And actually right now im not trying to lose bf im actually trying really hard to get lean mass and get built. Im going to bulk up for the next 6 months until my cousin comes from colombia (hes going to stay here for about 4 months), then when he comes like in august hes going to join the gym and thats when im going to get lean. He already told me that hes going to help me with cardio and legs (he is a soccer player over there and he runs like a mad dog) i on the other hand cant run if my life depended on it so when he comes i will change also my nutrition completely and start doing more endurance training instead of powerlifting type training. Right now im trying to consume about 5-6k calories a day, and lots of protein and creatine. So thats my story for now, bulk up for the next few months and not worry too much about bf and cardio. I have to do legs though i hate doing legs, then i cant walk right. It feels like i got it from behind

i know theres a few more ppl here that also work out, i remember a thread long long ago and a couple of ppl were talking about the gym. It was in the offtopic i believe, oh well. By the way, have any of you competed or planning on competing. Im definitely far away from that but thats always something to think about in the long run, i doubt ill ever compete though, not my cup of tea.

Comment

ill never compete. i do it for my health only...and my wife

as for running, it is a learned habit. you dont have to be good to do it is the best part. just go out and do it. and please dont confuse running on a treadmill. exercise machine the same as running. IT GETS YOU NO WHERE CLOSE TO IN SHAPE! totally different running somewhere as opposed to in place

Comment

i really hope you dont actually do 1 rep max and that its just the number your calculating, because if you are actually doing them your doing nothing but hurting yourself....and also running on a treadmil and in a gym can be better for you in some respect because it is usually easier on the knees/feet/hips then running out on a side walk or something...lol as for legs, i love seeing those guys at the gym, the ones that stand infront of the mirror watching themselves curl 65 lbs and then u look at their legs and you could snap them in half, lol so funny to see those guy....GTP girl friend, depending on how long she has been a trainer and what amount of education can most likely set him up on a pretty good system....your muscles have a memory and the certian number of reps you do increase your Strength/Power/Endurance, so if your changing the number of reps that you do a lot your not gaining as much as you could be....as try and make every exercise a multi joint one, so dont sit down for curls or anything, a lot of things you should be doing standing up feet shoulder lenght apart with bend knees the so called 'ready position' for you sport players

a nice work out on the bench if you wanna get stronger faster instead of pushing the bar up to a certian point them being able to explode through till its all the way up...you can tie chains on both ends of the bar therefor the higher up the bar the more wieght

but a lot of people do there work out horrible wrong and can get hurt or not gain the benefit they should...im amazed by how many people still have no clue to sqwat, how the bend their back or allow their knees to go way past the front of their toes....if you wanna see if you have a good sense on how to sqwat go stand infront of a way toes just about touching the wall and sqwat down without your knees hitting the wall and your back not bent and get your butt parallel to the ground, if you can do that then your probably doing your training well
                      what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

I am a meathead! Mainly because I am training to play baseball in college.

I have put on 15 pounds in the last 3 months of lifting, I weigh 158 now.
                        My supplement regiment is as follows:
                        Multi-vitamin with breakfast.
                        Argenine before my lift.
                        Protein Whey and Glutimine After Lift.
                        ZMA's and Casein Protein at Night.

All natural baby ! and the biggest things are definitely the glutamine and ZMA's.

In terms of strength:
                        The day after christmas I did 100 lbs in each hand on dumbell bench for 4 reps.
                        I just began barbell bench again, going to max out right before the season starts(march) and I know I will get at least 250, 275 would be a stretch but nice lol.
                        Last fall I max squated 375(while only weighing 145) and my goal this year is 415.
                        Right Now I am curling 50-55 pound dumbells depending on the day haha.

I was lifting 5 times a day but i cut it down to 4 and made the workouts more intense. I also do speed and agility twice a week.

I just wish I had a bigger frame lol.

Let me know what you guys think, and you have any questions about the supplements let me know I love talking about it. You guys have to admit thats pretty good for my weight =P and my age =P

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2557626
                        2 Time ROTM Champion =P

Comment

you have a trainer G6kid??? because a good sports trainer probably doesnt want you to be curling 55 pounds...the big wieghts are nice and all but you want to become quicker as well not just beef up...so you want to do lower wieghts and be able to complete the reps, and at most have 60sec rest between exercises...sports training is a lot different the normal work out or body building so dont be read about a new workout and do it right away...im guessin your school probably has a trainer who might or might not be good...lol usually they arent, so go to a sports place even for just a tour and ask what they would have you do...then go home and do it yourself lol...those numbers r good as long as your not loosing any athletisme which is a thin line
                          what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

Comment

Originally posted by Vandie
                            i really hope you dont actually do 1 rep max and that its just the number your calculating, because if you are actually doing them your doing nothing but hurting yourself....and also running on a treadmil and in a gym can be better for you in some respect because it is usually easier on the knees/feet/hips then running out on a side walk or something...lol as for legs, i love seeing those guys at the gym, the ones that stand infront of the mirror watching themselves curl 65 lbs and then u look at their legs and you could snap them in half, lol so funny to see those guy....GTP girl friend, depending on how long she has been a trainer and what amount of education can most likely set him up on a pretty good system....your muscles have a memory and the certian number of reps you do increase your Strength/Power/Endurance, so if your changing the number of reps that you do a lot your not gaining as much as you could be....as try and make every exercise a multi joint one, so dont sit down for curls or anything, a lot of things you should be doing standing up feet shoulder lenght apart with bend knees the so called 'ready position' for you sport players

a nice work out on the bench if you wanna get stronger faster instead of pushing the bar up to a certian point them being able to explode through till its all the way up...you can tie chains on both ends of the bar therefor the higher up the bar the more wieght

but a lot of people do there work out horrible wrong and can get hurt or not gain the benefit they should...im amazed by how many people still have no clue to sqwat, how the bend their back or allow their knees to go way past the front of their toes....if you wanna see if you have a good sense on how to sqwat go stand infront of a way toes just about touching the wall and sqwat down without your knees hitting the wall and your back not bent and get your butt parallel to the ground, if you can do that then your probably doing your training well
                            dont worry i dont do 1 rpm often, only once every few months just to see what my limit is and how much it has gone up. I only do it to test myself and i will never do it for actual exercising. Also, i agree with you 100% with form. Bad form is the biggest cause of injuries and also the cause for low gains. I try my hardest to keep my form as perfect as i can in all my exercises, ive already been hurt before when i was younger and used to throw my weight around. Not fun having a shoulder injury put me out for a while. Good form causes less injuries and maximizes gains also. If youre cheating youre only using other muscles and not the ones you intend on working out. Like curling for example, there is not a single day that i go to the gym and i dont see a couple of guys putting some heavy weight on the barbell curl and then use mostly their backs and they bend their elbows also. It is stupid they are only using their back muscles and also hyperextending their backs and asking to get injured. Another thing that i try to do as often as possible is to go threw the reps slow and in control. I dont throw the weights around ever, i bring the weight down slow and I explode, rinse and repeat. The negative part of every exercise is very important. As far as for running on the treadmill or outside goes, i think both have its advantages and it really all depends on the individual. I like it more outside where i can actually go somewhere and not stay stationary. Plus the gym is always packed so i prefer to go some where and run by myself (thats when i actually go run which is rare ) Another thing that i notice a lot at the gym which i find it really irritating is how almost every one in there is doing more talking then working out. First of all its annoying because they take for ever with the machines and every one has to wait for them to finish. Second, you should be able to get the best work out in less then an hour. I personally am there usually around 45 minutes, i go in there focused and determined and i only rest about a minute or 2 between sets. If youre going to socialize then go some where else thats why you dont see much gains in them either because they waste all their energy yapping. I wish i had my own house and my own gym inside

Originally posted by G6kid
                            I am a meathead! Mainly because I am training to play baseball in college.

I have put on 15 pounds in the last 3 months of lifting, I weigh 158 now.
                            My supplement regiment is as follows:
                            Multi-vitamin with breakfast.
                            Argenine before my lift.
                            Protein Whey and Glutimine After Lift.
                            ZMA's and Casein Protein at Night.

All natural baby ! and the biggest things are definitely the glutamine and ZMA's.

In terms of strength:
                            The day after christmas I did 100 lbs in each hand on dumbell bench for 4 reps.
                            I just began barbell bench again, going to max out right before the season starts(march) and I know I will get at least 250, 275 would be a stretch but nice lol.
                            Last fall I max squated 375(while only weighing 145) and my goal this year is 415.
                            Right Now I am curling 50-55 pound dumbells depending on the day haha.

I was lifting 5 times a day but i cut it down to 4 and made the workouts more intense. I also do speed and agility twice a week.

I just wish I had a bigger frame lol.

Let me know what you guys think, and you have any questions about the supplements let me know I love talking about it. You guys have to admit thats pretty good for my weight =P and my age =P
                            Hey Vandie, It all depends what youre training for. You can be strong and fast also, it doesnt have to be one or the other. and for baseball you should actually do some weight training incorporated with cardio. Theres plenty of big guys in the leagues that are good. and there is nothing wrong with curling 55lb dumbells that actually isnt much. I see guys at the gym curling 70, 80 lb dumbells like if it was nothing. If he has the strength and uses proper form then its completely fine especially if he wants to get stronger which i think its the case for him. Plus, theres nothing wrong with being able to hit homers all the time

For G6kid, If youre trying to bulk up and to gain mass then your protein intake should be about 1.5g/lb of body weight daily. You say you weigh about 158 then your intake should be around 200-240 grams daily. You should try drinking some whey in the morning after breakfast, then some with lunch, some after workout, and casein at night b4 bed. Also, try taking creatine it is a really good supplement for you and it adds a lot of mass and gives you more strength during your workouts. but the main thing should be protein since youre trying to get lean mass and more muscle. Im assuming youre also keeping up with nutrition and not eating junk food or other crap. You should be consuming high amounts of calories daily but it should be lean fat not garbage calories that will only go to your belly and one last thing, you say you wish you had a bigger frame, then work out harder and with more weight. Ive seen really skinny guys turn into some real monsters. If you want to look wider then work out your shoulders more and do more chest exercises. This is coming from personal experience, i used to be in high school about 150lbs but it was because i was tall. Im 6'3", so i was skinny back then and i had a small beer belly so thats where most of my weight was (skinny plus beer belly = ). Now i weight 225lbs and i barely have a belly. I currently have a good 16-20% bf and i lost a lot of muscle since i stopped working out, so my goal is to be around 230-240lbs but all muscle and 10% bf.

alright that was long enough, i think i might have pulled a woodbury here sorry its something i really enjoy

Comment

well ya u ideally want both just a lot of younger guys mostly high schoolers still with the thought more muscle means the better which is only the case if you are able to use that muscle other wise it can become dead wieght...i knew a catcher that started workin out after junior year, he got big but wasnt able to stay as athletic as he was which just slowed him down

G6kid what position do you play?

Comment

Working...
                              X