No announcement yet.

No-Drill Subwoofer/Amplifier installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was clever to find a way to go around without drilling but as stated before its not the best way, but eh its your car and you can do whatever you want to it. if you were gonna leave it there you could wrap it in some electrical tape so it doesnt pop out as much with the bright blue color and should help in case of any rubbing. IMHO

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by metalliqaz
      Haha, ya I'll get right on that, thanks.

Tell ya what. I'll come back on new years next year and post a picture of it, and then again the year after that. We'll see how "rubbed out" it is.

As usual with internet boards, I expect people to be hostile to different ideas, but your post takes the cake.

You'd rather quote some horror story of some unknown "friend" than believe whats in front of your eyes. You'd rather send inexperienced, unprepared internet geeks into their car with power tools to drill a friggin hole through the guts of the car. Thanks for your concern for my safety, but I'll stick with what I've got.

-d
      Make sure you post some pictures when it shorts out also. Heck I haven't even started installing audio in the G6 but like everybody else has said there are plenty of place without having to drill. Yeah my "friend" whatever if you don't believe thats fine.
      Your car do want you want, I am just tell you how it should be done (as are other people)

Comment

Re: No-Drill Subwoofer/Amplifier installation

Originally posted by mclonedogmcwad View Post
        Make sure you post some pictures when it shorts out also. Heck I haven't even started installing audio in the G6 but like everybody else has said there are plenty of place without having to drill. Yeah my "friend" whatever if you don't believe thats fine.
        Your car do want you want, I am just tell you how it should be done (as are other people)
        Alright, it's summer 2016. Your stupid post was in winter 2007. That's around 8 1/2 years by my count. It's still going strong and has never had any problems whatsoever. The cable is perfectly fine. If anyone ever actually reads this, then let this be another example that people on the Internet are always wrong.
        2007 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan 3.5L VVT V6 Granite/Black
        Sun 'n Sound, DupliColor Red Calipers, Mobil 1 Oil System
        GM Strut Brace, MPR Cold Air Intake
        Vector Stealth PCM Tune 93 Octane
        Kicker ZX400.1 Amp, 12" Orion Subwoofer
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2686122

Comment

Re: No-Drill Subwoofer/Amplifier installation

Edit: dupe
          2007 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan 3.5L VVT V6 Granite/Black
          Sun 'n Sound, DupliColor Red Calipers, Mobil 1 Oil System
          GM Strut Brace, MPR Cold Air Intake