Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy your Audi! :warped:

Comment

You know I will. I just wish there was a forum set up as well as this one is, for Audi. The forums I have looked at so far are very disjointed and difficult to use.
      Doctor Rob

Comment

cool, good thing you got the warranty, maintenance and upkeep on audis, is fucking expensive.
        2007 Dark Gray Metallic G6 Sedan 3.5L v6 A4
        Former cars... '85 Camaro, '94 Camaro, '00 Camaro, '92 Mustang GT

Comment

***knocks on wood*** My pano is still working fine. I know what you mean about the wind noise though. The body flex having a hole that size in the roof is pretty bad, but I'll take the creaking as long as its not leaking! Sorry, bad joke. But seriously, its not leaking, so Im not going to mess with the little bit of creaks and vibrations.

Best of luck with your new car.
          2007 G6 Base V6 Sport Package
          Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic
          Panoramic Sun Roof

Comment

Originally posted by CentralG6Coupe
            ***knocks on wood*** My pano is still working fine. I know what you mean about the wind noise though. The body flex having a hole that size in the roof is pretty bad, but I'll take the creaking as long as its not leaking! Sorry, bad joke. But seriously, its not leaking, so Im not going to mess with the little bit of creaks and vibrations.

Best of luck with your new car.
            it has been posted if you get an x-brace which the verts have the creaking is less on the pano

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
            TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
            Show
            -20% tint
            -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
            -Professionally heated seats

Comment

it has been posted if you get an x-brace which the verts have the creaking is less on the pano
              Sorry to hijack the thread, but do you know if anyone has gotten the dealer to cover this? Or was this something that was done at the owners expense?

Definitely something to check into.
              2007 G6 Base V6 Sport Package
              Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic
              Panoramic Sun Roof

Comment

Originally posted by CentralG6Coupe
                Sorry to hijack the thread, but do you know if anyone has gotten the dealer to cover this? Or was this something that was done at the owners expense?

Definitely something to check into.
                no, i dont think they will give you an x-brace if thats what you're asking. but he talked a attorney to completley give him his money back.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                Show
                -20% tint
                -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                -Professionally heated seats

Comment

I have a panoramic as well. LOTS of compliments and gapes from new passengers. I knew that wind-noise (with the sliding cover open) was noted by motorist magazines before my purchase. Leakage has not been a problem and this is a favorite feature. Probably also was your case, which makes unsolvable problems all the more irritating.

Comment

i've had my 05 gt since july and i live in buffalo, unfortunately i can't afford to store it so i'm driving it year round but my pana works like a beaut...i don't even get the wind noises. the only thing i fear is it freezing in the snow during the winter
                    Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

I've got the pano too and never had any problems with it *knocks on wood*.

I've found that on setting 4 with the cover forward as far it will go the wind noise isn't bad at all... in fact, it's MUCH MUCH quieter then the normal sunroof in my wife's Torrent. My G6 is the first car i've ever owned with any kind of sunroof so I really have nothing else to compare it too other than the Torrent, but any time the weather permits my sunroof is open -- it's also one of the main reasons I purchased a G6

Sorry to hear that you had such bad luck with your's, best of luck with the Audi

Comment

Re: GM Buyback of my G6 because of the panoramic sunroof pro

Dammit.

I had to check this thread out b/c I just notice a sizeable gap in the second piece of glass in my 06 G6 GTP panoramic sunroof. The gap is large enough that I can see inside the car. Two things come to mind. Ease of entry by someone other than me...and water...lots of it coming in on me.

Guess I will be heading to the dealer to have them look at it and tell me that they need to fix it...only to do the dance until it gets taken off my hands. Too bad. I REALLY like the sunroof. I just can't abide water in the car.

Anyone live in OH that have had this issue?

Jeff
                        2006 G6 GTP Sedan
                        2002 Odyssey EX-L
                        Too bad I have to drive the van!

Comment

dont, you can fix the issue in about 15 minutes for the pane being out of place (assuming the pin doesnt pop out like mine did). also, still no water came in the car with the gap, still went down the drainage system

i live in OH and just fixed mine about 3 weeks ago.

if you put the sunshade back and look up at the panes, you will see a black piece. i was unable to get mine to pop off, but if you pull 1 side at a time, it flexes enough to make the adjustments

you will need a t15 torx i believe. pull back the piece and loosen the screw, then do the other screw on that same side. get out of car and slide pane probably toward front (that is way mine need to move). get it so you can just barely see a small hole as that is normal at the joint.

have someone push down on the pane so it doesnt move, then get back in car and tighten screws

finished. no more air leak

Comment

and also

sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
                              and also

cause it is on topic for the most part

good grief, we yell at people to search and when they use an old thread we get on to them about that............

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33

good grief, we yell at people to search and when they use an old thread we get on to them about that............
                                oh by all means im not mad about it. im glad when people search. i always laugh about it tho when its 3 yrs old. thats some deep searching!!!
                                sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Working...
                                X