X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOW TO - remove the intake resonator in one piece way # 2

Originally posted by ZoomThru View Post
    Had to replace the passenger wheel well and while I had it all out I decided to take off that intake resonator. Super easy to remove that way.

Only difference I can tell is a subtle change to the sound.
    It was worth it though. I love how you can hear it better inside the car.

Comment

Might be worth it to shed the few pounds of plastic weight in the front. The change in the engine tone is there, but very subtle. Like you wouldn't know it unless I told you what I did.

So I couldn't really suggest anyone do it just for the sound alone.

Some were saying they felt better throttle response after the remove, but I got none of that.

Comment

Also, noticed alot of gravel and debris in the bottom tanks of the intake tube. Shaking the resonator around, you can hear alot of stuff trapped in there.

This thing must help keep small rocks and stuff out of the airbox as well as water.

Expecting my air filter will need changing more often.

Comment

Also, noticed alot of gravel and debris in the bottom tanks of the intake tube. Shaking the resonator around, you can hear alot of stuff trapped in there.

This thing must help keep small rocks and stuff out of the airbox as well as water.

Expecting my air filter will need changing more often.
          just add a mesh screen over the hole. that should help eliminate almost all.

Comment

Very nice idea.

Comment

Very nice idea.
              Thanks. I'm full of them.

Comment

or just install the crabs and get the filter away from that hole lol

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Have kind of a plan consisting of getting a cheap ebay intake or something, and only upgrading the tube, and leaving the stock airbox. At least at first.

Pretty chrome intake tube connected to the black OEM airbox. No cone filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                    gee thanks ancr2001, its nice to still see people stealing my pics.
                    What exactly are you talking about? That's my pic bud. Check the link it's to MY photobucket. Like anyone wants to steal a pic of this! Get over yourself! If you are referring to the Pontiac pic then I say again, get over yourself. Didn't know you had special rights to Pontiac pictures on the internet.
                    Last edited by ancr2001; 06-20-2015, 06:38 PM.
                    2009.5 Pontiac G6 3.5 Base Premium Options
                    Modifications
                    Performance:
                    WAMS 93 Octane Tune, CRABS Intake (full kit + FPU), Racingline Motor Mount Inserts

Suspension:
                    Racingline Strut Tower Brace

Audio:
                    Kenwood Excelon DNN990HD Head Unit, Kenwood KFC-P709Ps Component System, Kenwood KAC-7204 Amp, 2 KFC-W3005 Subs, 1 KFC-XW1205DB Sub (not installed yet), Streetwires 14 gauge speaker cable, NVX RCA Cable, Big-3 Upgrade - 0 gauge & 4 gauge, 0 to 4 Gauge Scorpion Power & Ground Distribution Blocks

Interior:
                    Custom Gauge Lighting (in progress), Black Metallic Painted Gauge bezel, Blue LED Interior Accent Lights (underdash, backseat, air vents, dome, map)

Exterior:
                    LED Third Brake Light by AnderbrA Innovations

http://www.krylonix-server.com <--- My ride page

Comment

Working...
                    X