Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL G6 Top 1/4 Mile Times List!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The OFFICIAL G6 Top 1/4 Mile Times List!!

That freaking awsome! Wish you had got the burnout! Were you power braking at all and what rpm did you launch at?
    My Car Domain
    Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Originally posted by 2007blueg6gtp View Post
      That freaking awsome! Wish you had got the burnout! Were you power braking at all and what rpm did you launch at?
      Yes, I was power braking and I typically launch at 2000 RPM's.

Comment

Psh, with no tune all I can launch at is 1100 or so, otherwise torque management comes in like a huge boner kill.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

I expected at least 3k, I usually do about 2k but ease into it with my street tires. Did you get the chance to try it higher?
          My Car Domain
          Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Originally posted by 2007blueg6gtp View Post
            I expected at least 3k, I usually do about 2k but ease into it with my street tires. Did you get the chance to try it higher?
            Nope, never had. When I was racing with the stock Bridgestone tries I would usually launch around 1,500. Then once I switched to the BFG's I bumped up the launch RPM to 2K. I might have to try launching at a higher RPM just to see what it would do. I sometimes experience tire spin with the drag radials depending on the track temperature and how well the track has been prepped. In the video that I posted you can hear some squealing from my tires. The right lane wasn't too bad, but I was having traction issues in the left lane all weekend. The fact that I had to pit my car in the dirt didn't help.

Comment

no another G6. BUT that is incredible dude.
              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Here is my time slip for my bone stock 09 GXP. I am on the left the 14.21.

2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
                2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

I will add you in the next day or two.

A 14.2 all stock 3.6L?...... Am not calling you BS on it but that is quick for a stock 3.6L, alot of modded 3.6Ls can just run that.
                  2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                  Gotta have it Green color
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack
                  GT500 track pack differential cover
                  BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Yes this was a bone stock G6 nothing done to it. Infact I have a vid of it bone stock running a 14.32 if you want to see that as well?
                    Last edited by The01Cav; 10-24-2010, 07:41 PM.
                    2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Well done! How did you launch and what tires have you?
                      Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
                      Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
                      Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

I just rolled into the throtte off from the launch. I didn't just hammer it taking off it was gradual but quick. Also let me just say goodyear LS2's blow!
                        2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Originally posted by The01Cav View Post
                          Yes this was a bone stock G6 nothing done to it. Infact I have a vid of it bone stock running a 14.32 if you want to see that as well?
                          Not needed, I apersate the offer but am not going to start making people post the videos.

Very good run and congrads!

adding you shortly!
                          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                          Gotta have it Green color
                          Brembo brake package
                          420 HP 5.0L
                          Ford Racing Power Pack
                          GT500 track pack differential cover
                          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Alright sounds good thanks!
                            2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Hoping for 13.8's in the spring with new exhaust, and drag radials with the cooler weather.
                              2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

The way it's looking any aftermarket isn't making us much faster. Really wish I had made it to the strip with the ls2's but I had to get them off asap cause they are complete crap on the street. Also wish I had gone to the strip before I did anything to my car cause I'd really like to know the dif between stock and not. But I wouldn't trade speed for the way my car sounds and looks now.
                                My Car Domain

Comment

Working...
                                X