2007-2008 G6 Stock Radio and Ipod or AUX input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007-2008 G6 Stock Radio and Ipod or AUX input

I was wondering if the 2007 or 2008 G6 had a radio with an Aux input like the G5?

Also I know the G5 has it. Is it possible to swap a stock G5 radio (with Aux input) with a G6 Monsoon system? Don't really care if the CD changer and XM dont carry over.

Thx

My guess, as I haven't seen a 2008 radio yet (probably because they aren't going to be produced until June-August ):

If the radio has Aux In or MP3 capability, it is the new GM corporate radio, in which case the DIC will be integrated into the gauge cluster.

In other words, my bet is that it will not be compatible with cars from previous year.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

this is annoying...i love the system but i dont understand how my '07 has the old radio...seems like every other '07GM car has the aux/mp3 radio...a freaking HHR has r u kidding...someone said GM had a press release that all '07 cars would have that ability....its not that big of a deal that i dont since i would never use the aux anyways, just annoying
      what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

Agreed. Even the 06's shouldn't have been stuck with the old radio. The G6 is Pontiac's bread and butter car.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Right, it makes no sense at all that in these days and age, a sporty mainstream car has an audio system that doesn't have an aux input and cannot play MP3s.

The new Sebring has an optional "My Gig" audio system that is light-years ahead of the ones GM put in the G6s. Probably we won't get an up-to-date stereo until the next model redesign.

Comment

The G6 was already in the market when they decided every car would have the bowtie radio. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, the bowtie doesn't support the DIC, so to integrate it into the G6 means not only a new radio, but also a new cluster, and locating a spot for DIC control buttons. There is a significant amount of work involved in that (believe it or not), so the G6 will likely not get the new radio until the MCE, which should be coming in 08 or 09 at the latest.
            2009 PONTIAC G8
            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. Little things like this is the reason people are leaving american made cars. When will they learn!

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
                The G6 was already in the market when they decided every car would have the bowtie radio. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, the bowtie doesn't support the DIC, so to integrate it into the G6 means not only a new radio, but also a new cluster, and locating a spot for DIC control buttons. There is a significant amount of work involved in that (believe it or not), so the G6 will likely not get the new radio until the MCE, which should be coming in 08 or 09 at the latest.
                that being said why would they wait a year and bring it out in '08 when everyother model came with it in '07? it will be the same amount of work either way....its like they left the 6er for last since it was selling fine without it
                what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

Comment

My point of view is that they should never have released the G6 without MP3 capabilities. I don't care where the DIC is, they could have modified the G6 radio to have MP3.

I know that it's expensive to do, but they sell 150,000 of these cars a year, it's not like they're getting no return on their investment.

sigpic

Comment

^ amen to that! aux port would be great with porto dvd players! monsoon is a hell of a system - would sound great1!
                    Red LED interior, custom floor & trunk lights - LED marker lights, Spider Lite tail lights (used bulbs instead of resistor -ask me how!) - Formula One Pinnaacle 15% Tint - Hard wired Cobra radar detector - Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI - next... white face gauges and a custom LED glove box light

Comment

well u can make the port urself if u really wanted...it would just be nice to have the mp3 since my budy has an HHR with it...r u kidding me,lol

Comment

Also, think of the many undecided car shoppers who looked at the G6 but turned it down because of the car's general lack of attention to details such as no MP3 capability, and other minor annoyances, etc.

Comment

It's that lack of attention to detail that got GM where it is in the market right now. They lost their focus 2 decades ago and are only now getting it back..

sigpic

Comment

It's a shame really, because I like the layout of our stereo better than the new one used in most cars, both the buttons and having the DIC there, but it's a total copout that they couldn't put MP3/AUX functionality in ours. I'm sorry, but the DIC has nothing to do with it and that's a bogus excuse on GM's part. And yea, GM totally reneged on their claim of having every 2007 model MP3-capable.

Here's the thing though: Supposedly, 2008 G6s WILL be MP3 capable, but I don't know if that means they are switching to the standardized unit or have a modified design.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                            - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                            - DS S3 Intake
                            - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                              And yea, GM totally reneged on their claim of having every 2007 model MP3-capable.
                              i want to see that press release because then we could start a fire

Comment

Working...
                              X