Need help please - wiring diagrams for HVAC system / BCM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help please - wiring diagrams for HVAC system / BCM

Does anyone have the wiring diagrams for the HVAC system? I needed a keyed power source for my stereo awhile back so I ran a positive wire to the fused side of the 10amp HVAC module (ign) on my BCM. I made sure I did not use the constant 12v side of the fuse. I assumed being on the fused side, if the wire were to ground out... the fuse would just blow. Well the wire ended up grounding out and shut the whole HVAC system down and did not even blow the fuse. Now where the constant 12v should be on the HVAC mod (ign) fuse... there is nothing so I must have melted or burnt something out. I need to somehow trace the problem or at worst... try to supply direct 12v from another source to the HVAC unit to get it working again. I got a used BCM from Ebay but found out I cant just plug n play. These 90° days without A/C are killing me! Thanks to anyone that can help!

Re: Need help please - wiring diagrams for HVAC system / BCM

Originally posted by Thaiboxer04 View Post
    Does anyone have the wiring diagrams for the HVAC system? I needed a keyed power source for my stereo awhile back so I ran a positive wire to the fused side of the 10amp HVAC module (ign) on my BCM. I made sure I did not use the constant 12v side of the fuse. I assumed being on the fused side, if the wire were to ground out... the fuse would just blow. Well the wire ended up grounding out and shut the whole HVAC system down and did not even blow the fuse. Now where the constant 12v should be on the HVAC mod (ign) fuse... there is nothing so I must have melted or burnt something out. I need to somehow trace the problem or at worst... try to supply direct 12v from another source to the HVAC unit to get it working again. I got a used BCM from Ebay but found out I cant just plug n play. These 90° days without A/C are killing me! Thanks to anyone that can help!
    What year and trim level G6 do you have? Is it manual or automatic Hvac?

Comment

Hi and thanks for responding. It is a 2006 G6 base model 3.5 v6, auto transmission and you manually turn knobs for the HVAC controls.

Comment

Try poking around here:

Even if that's not quite the right page, use the menu on the left to find what you need. Good luck!

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the link! I'll check that out!

Comment

nice link.

Comment

Working...
            X