ABS and Traction control lights turn on from sharp turns or bumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS and Traction control lights turn on from sharp turns or bumps

Hey peeps. Been a while. My car has been giving me trouble this passed week. I didn't move it over the weekend, and on Monday the issues started.

It seems whenever I make a Sharp right turn, both my abs and traction control lights come on. Same with bumps. I went slowly over a speed bump in a parking lot, and right as my front tires made it over the bump they came back on. Small potholes do the same thing, they also set it off.

Im not much of a car guy, but I assume its just something loose, or a wire caught somewhere that pulls it when I turn right. If I turn my car off and back on the lights stay off until I hit another bump or turn, so maybe it's not physical and more so sensor being messed up? Either way, anyone else have this?

2006 base Pontiac g6, 196km

Re: ABS and Traction control lights turn on from sharp turns or bumps

Well figured it out with some help. Mechanic scanned codes, said it was a speed sensor fault, and maybe a bad harness. Also had a bad wheel bearing same side (left). So I did the wheel bearing/hub assembly, and no luck with fixing the speed sensor. So I followed the wire from the speed sensor, and yeup. The cord was kinked like crazy, and the little plastic circle it goes through was dislodged and pinching the wire. So my dad used his fancy dance multimeter and determined the wire was indeed broken inside.

So 5 bucks and 10 minutes at the scrap yard and I got me a couple cables and replaced mine. ABS is now up and running. Huzzah!

Comment

Working...
    X