Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical question. 2010 G6.

Hi,
    A quick electrical question regarding a 2010 G6. I was under impression that my battery was bad, that is why had to jump start my G6 sometimes. Also, the battery light showed up sometimes. Finally I got tired of it, and bought the new battery (Optima) but nothing has changed. I would think that this sounds like an alternator issue, however I know that it was recently serviced and has got new brushes in. So I was wondering, what else could have caused this?
    Because if I don't find it out, I'll have to set all electrical-starting-charging system apart to find out what's wrong....

Re: Electrical question. 2010 G6.

Okay, here's what I discovered. There is a tiny alternator connector (on the wire), that somehow got damaged and makes my alternator misperform. I am so happy that I discovered it, which means I do not have to service, repair or even replace the alternator (https://www.carid.com/alternator-connectors/). Also, it is a plastic thing, so I guess it could've just corroded with time due to temperatures, you know. So I grabbed 2 already, to have one handy just in case. So decided to share the way out with you guys, in case someone will have a similar problem... Cheers!
    Last edited by Pont6; 02-09-2017, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X