Maintenance required light and rear end popping/grinding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance required light and rear end popping/grinding

I have been having a weird grinding noise happen when i take a right turn(when the body rolls slightly). the sounds comes from the rear. I remember a couple weeks ago i was turning(right turn) into a gas station and i heard a huge pop. I inspected it and could not see anything. Everything sounds fine but recently, esceptally last week it has been making noise. I have sense brought it to the shop 3 times without any luck. Today the maintenance required light keeps going on and off periodically. I have looked over all the rear suspension and everything looks good. I have never replaced and bushings in the rear. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? it is just a bad sensor?

Re: Maintenance required light and rear end popping/grinding

Also, is there any way to read the DIC without the stock head unit?

Comment

I am still having this issue, I have replaced the rear brake cables, brake lines, rotor pads and caliper. Could a bad upper/lower control arm cause the brakes to pivot and cause the pads to grind on the rotors?

I am running out of options, any help would be appreciated!

I am getting to the point of trading it in for something newer.

Comment

Originally posted by tylertlc View Post
        Also, is there any way to read the DIC without the stock head unit?
        Yes it's called a double din unit. I believe metra makes the kit.
        Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
        INDIAN WARRIORS
        1926-2010

Comment

Originally posted by tylertlc View Post
          I am still having this issue, I have replaced the rear brake cables, brake lines, rotor pads and caliper. Could a bad upper/lower control arm cause the brakes to pivot and cause the pads to grind on the rotors?

I am running out of options, any help would be appreciated!

I am getting to the point of trading it in for something newer.

It might be a wheel bearing. The grinding when your body rolls would be explained. If the speed sensor in the hub starts going bad then you'll get an idiot light on for that too.
          Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
          INDIAN WARRIORS
          1926-2010

Comment

I really don't want to drop the money on a metra kit because i plan to get rid of my G6 in the spring. I will try replacing the hub, i put a chunk of dielectric grease on the speed sensor but the light is still coming on. it is very intermittent tho so i am thinking it is time to grease up everything.

i appreciate the feedback!

Comment

So i figured out it is still the brakes. when driving and hearing the noise i pull the hand brake slightly and the noise stops. After replacing all brake components on that corner it still sticks. The pads catch the rotor in one spot. I tried spinning the wheel on a lift and it is the only one that does spin freely. This is the 3rd caliper in 6 months so im pretty sure it isn't still the caliper or cable. The only thing i havent replaced are all the bushings and upper and lower control arms in the rear. That may be my next endeavor if i keep it.

Any ideas???

Comment

Okay, so still having the issue. I replaced all brake components in each corner and it is still grinding... Has anyone heard of the ABS/Brake control module going bad and causing one brake to stick? The Maintenance required light comes on intermittently still. every time i go to scan it it goes off as soon as i pull into the parking spot. Very frustrating. Could it be a bad wheel sensor or hub in that corner? I and kind of running out of options. Anyone have any advice?

Comment

Okay, so i hooked up a scan tool and was checking out the live feed. MY ABS system is applying 20% brake pressure while no one is in the car... Does anyone have an idea of where to start? I am going to running some tests on the wheel speed sensors

Comment

Working...
                  X