Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rock Auto didn't have one part in stock, Charged me more in shipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Auto didn't have one part in stock, Charged me more in shipping?

I recently placed a large order with rock auto. It was split between 3 warehouses. Total shipping was about $31
    One thing I ordered were shocks, only one was in stock for the rears, not both. So instead of refunding me the $15 the shock cost, they only refund me about $6 and suddenly the shipping charges total to $38
    AND it still only comes from 3 warehouses.

Can anyone at rock auto explain to me why their mistake is costing me an extra $6.99 in shipping when I am in fact receiving LESS items than I ordered?
    Last edited by CruisinG6; 10-27-2016, 10:43 AM.

Re: Rock Auto didn't have one part in stock, Charged me more in shipping?

I would probably contact RockAuto directly about this. I would also consider cancelling the order completely before it ships. I doubt RockAuto check this forum regularly.
    2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

I hate their shipping. It's why I never order from them. If you order more than one part it's almost guaranteed to come from multiple warehouses, driving the shipping price sky high. They have good part prices, but the shipping cancels out any bargain you're getting. Sorry, just venting.

They seem to get on here every few months. I would definitely contact them directly.

Comment

We sell over a million different parts and a single warehouse cannot hold them all. If you choose parts which are not stocked in the same place, carriers will charge for two boxes. Truck icons indicate parts which can ship with those already in your cart. For more information, see our help page: http://www.rockauto.com/help/?page=2#MINSHIPCOST ocation, and current carrier rates (including discounts we receive as a high-volume shipper). To minimize shipping costs, choose parts that can ship from the same location. See "Which parts cost least to ship?".
        Originally posted by slowsedan View Post
        I hate their shipping. It's why I never order from them. If you order more than one part it's almost guaranteed to come from multiple warehouses, driving the shipping price sky high. They have good part prices, but the shipping cancels out any bargain you're getting. Sorry, just venting.

They seem to get on here every few months. I would definitely contact them directly.

Comment

We sell over a million different parts and a single warehouse cannot hold them all. If you choose parts which are not stocked in the same place, carriers will charge for two boxes. Truck icons indicate parts which can ship with those already in your cart. For more information, see our help page: http://www.rockauto.com/help/?page=2#MINSHIPCOST .
          Originally posted by slowsedan View Post

Comment

Originally posted by RockAuto View Post
            We sell over a million different parts and a single warehouse cannot hold them all. If you choose parts which are not stocked in the same place, carriers will charge for two boxes. Truck icons indicate parts which can ship with those already in your cart. For more information, see our help page: http://www.rockauto.com/help/?page=2#MINSHIPCOST ocation, and current carrier rates (including discounts we receive as a high-volume shipper). To minimize shipping costs, choose parts that can ship from the same location. See "Which parts cost least to ship?".
            CruisinG6 needs the reply, not me. I get how it works and understand the reasoning...that doesn't mean I can't hate it and choose to shop elsehwere.

Comment

Oh I'm aware of how rock auto works. I've been shopping with them for years.
              My problem is I was sent one less item than I ordered, but was charged an additional $7 for shipping.

When I called rock auto it sounded like I woke someone up from their nap, they had me on hold for a few minutes, told me that just how the shipping is and hung up.

The only reason I'm upset is because of rock auto's inventory mishap I feel I was charged double for shipping.

It was coming from 3 warehouses before for $31
              One less part from 3 warehouses and it's $38 now.

Like, I'll spell out the turn of events.

I placed the order, saw it's coming from 3 warehouses and thought okay everything is peachy. Shocks came from one warehouse, All my steering parts from a second warehouse and some odds and ends from the third.
              The next day I got an email telling me one of my 4 shocks isn't in stock. So I selected to just send what was in stock.
              Instead of refunding me the $15 one shock costs. I was only refunded $6 and the shipping went up by $7
              I looked into the orders page on the site and saw it's still coming from 3 warehouses, and it's still split up the same way.

So it seems to me that I got charged double to ship one of my boxes
              Unfortunately I can't double check this, because of how the site is set up.

I should be able to not only view my previous orders, what I paid, and how they were shipped, but also what I paid for each shipment.

The funny part, even with the extra shipping costs I paid. My parts STILL came out cheaper than any local store or ebay
              Last edited by CruisinG6; 10-28-2016, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I have never tried ordering from them, this definitely losses my future business. I feel customer satisfaction is way more important than the whole $40. I am in sales and if it was someone buying from my company, i would refund the entire freight charge... not argue how the system works....

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
                  Oh I'm aware of how rock auto works. I've been shopping with them for years.
                  My problem is I was sent one less item than I ordered, but was charged an additional $7 for shipping.

When I called rock auto it sounded like I woke someone up from their nap, they had me on hold for a few minutes, told me that just how the shipping is and hung up.

The only reason I'm upset is because of rock auto's inventory mishap I feel I was charged double for shipping.

It was coming from 3 warehouses before for $31
                  One less part from 3 warehouses and it's $38 now.

Like, I'll spell out the turn of events.

I placed the order, saw it's coming from 3 warehouses and thought okay everything is peachy. Shocks came from one warehouse, All my steering parts from a second warehouse and some odds and ends from the third.
                  The next day I got an email telling me one of my 4 shocks isn't in stock. So I selected to just send what was in stock.
                  Instead of refunding me the $15 one shock costs. I was only refunded $6 and the shipping went up by $7
                  I looked into the orders page on the site and saw it's still coming from 3 warehouses, and it's still split up the same way.

So it seems to me that I got charged double to ship one of my boxes
                  Unfortunately I can't double check this, because of how the site is set up.

I should be able to not only view my previous orders, what I paid, and how they were shipped, but also what I paid for each shipment.

The funny part, even with the extra shipping costs I paid. My parts STILL came out cheaper than any local store or ebay
                  I can usually find a better deal on amazon or Advance Auto's website. They always have a good coupon code you can use and then choose to pick up in store.

Comment

Working...
                  X