2009 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe driver side headlight is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe driver side headlight is out

My headlight is out, I replaced the bulb when it first happened and now just a few months later it's out again. It must be wiring but is this something I can fix at home? Don't really want to take it to a mechanic because I'm sure it's an easy fix

what should I do? as long as it's a relatively easy task I have no issues doing it myself

Re: 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe driver side headlight is out

More than likely a faulty plug or connection or possibly moisture had gotten into the wiring. id start there i guess

Originally posted by suo View Post
    My headlight is out, I replaced the bulb when it first happened and now just a few months later it's out again. It must be wiring but is this something I can fix at home? Don't really want to take it to a mechanic because I'm sure it's an easy fix

what should I do? as long as it's a relatively easy task I have no issues doing it myself

Comment

If it's just a single bulb that keeps going out then check the connector that plugs into the bulb. If it's the hole headlight the look at the contacts on the 5-pin harness that plugs into the chassis harness. I've had to replace both on my G6's. Easy to fix. The bulb harness you can get from a dealer (at least that's where I got mine). The big 5-pin you should just do a search on here and Lampoon has a thread with a website on where to buy them.
      Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
      INDIAN WARRIORS
      1926-2010

Comment

I had this issue constantly for like a year, i fabbed up several connectors without luck. I eventually said screw it and hardwired them together. i havent had any issue since. I would check to make sure the connector isnt getting water into it. you can throw some dielectric grease in the connecter. you can also put some liquid electircal tape around the connteor where the wires come in to prevent water from getting in. G6's are known for this plug failing. I see one eyed G6's all over Des Moines lol

Comment

Originally posted by tylertlc View Post
          I had this issue constantly for like a year, i fabbed up several connectors without luck. I eventually said screw it and hardwired them together. i havent had any issue since. I would check to make sure the connector isnt getting water into it. you can throw some dielectric grease in the connecter. you can also put some liquid electircal tape around the connteor where the wires come in to prevent water from getting in. G6's are known for this plug failing. I see one eyed G6's all over Des Moines lol
          I ended up buying some HIDs in hope that that would fix it, when replacing them I noticed that one side of the connector was fried. I installed my HIDs anyway and so far have had no issues. My driver side headlight doesn't shine as bright but I guess I'll worry about that when it's warmer again after winter

Comment

If it is the H11 bulb that is not lit, it most likely is the bulb connector has melted from the high heat the bulb puts out. Easy fix. Get on Amazon and buy a High Temp Ceramic Connector by IDD Connect. The cost is ten bucks plus shipping.Cut the old connector out and splice in the new one. Done. You have to use a ceramic connector not a plastic one or you will be doing this repair over and over again. Four years since my repair and still going strong.
            Last edited by INDY86; 01-31-2017, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by INDY86 View Post
                If it is the H11 bulb that is not lit, it most likely is the bulb connector has melted from the high heat the bulb puts out. Easy fix. Get on Amazon and buy a High Temp Ceramic Connector by IDD Connect. The cost is ten bucks plus shipping.Cut the old connector out and splice in the new one. Done. You have to use a ceramic connector not a plastic one or you will be doing this repair over and over again. Four years since my repair and still going strong.
                https://www.amazon.com/TEMPERATURE-C.../dp/B004IA3YQK is this the one?

Comment

Originally posted by suo View Post
                  That is the correct part.

Comment

Originally posted by INDY86 View Post
                    That is the correct part.

is this the same part? much cheaper and comes with two, might as well fix both if I'm going to do one

Comment

It states that it's ceramic so it should be good to go. It is a deal on two of them , so just make sure they are not plastic before you install them. Let us know how they work out for you.
                      Last edited by INDY86; 03-16-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X