Some Head Gasket Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Head Gasket Help?

Hey all. First post on the new forum. Have a 3900 GTP Sedan, and I have the weeping head gasket issue. I am very mechanically inclined, and have built many a 3800 car over the years. I have done some 3400's also, and these blocks look very similar to the 3400 design. I did some searching, and did not find exactly what I was looking for. Being new to the forum, would love any direction to the right thread of DIY for the head gasket on these cars, 3900 specific if its out there.

A couple questions...

Do you replace these head bolts? TTY? I usually do ARP head studs, but wondering if that makes sense, or just replace bolts, or reuse?
    Any special details?

A write up would sure be awesome.

Thanks for the advice, and patience with the new guy...

Re: Some Head Gasket Help?

Welcome!
    Without knowing the full details of your head gasket issues the coolant cross over pipe gaskets may be worth looking at as they are notorious for leaking especially on the rear cylinder head.
    The head bolts are Torque To Yield and will need to be replaced with new. Studs are overkill but why not go for it.

Deadly Nancy's 3900 Head gasket LOOKY

Current Mods
    245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
    Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

Working...
    X