Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Automatic Shifter(Tranny?) Problems

Apologies for the wall of text in advance

Hey guys, I figured I'd post here since I'm not sure where else to look, my G6's transmission, or what i think is the transmission has been giving me troubles.

For example when I drive (In Drive) from a dead stop the car will run the RPM's high before shifting unless I let off the accelerator, it happens whether the cars been warmed up or not.

I had the transmission fluid changed and the service guy showed me the fluid, it didn't look awful(not a noticeable amount of metal); but I'm not sure if that matters.

Another problem is if I'm about to merge onto the highway and I go WOT the car will seem like it goes to neutral and revs high, giving no power to the wheels. so I have to shift into '3' or kind of go 3/4 of the way,

I've tried resetting the power/crossing battery terminals. It seems as if the gears will work, i can use L(1) and 3rd and they feel ok, and if I start from a dead stop in third, the car will shift I assume from 2nd-3rd without letting off the gas, which confuses me even more.

Trying to diagnose this problem and google/find solutions is a nightmare I've heard everything from rebuild tranny, clogged cat, & TPS problems.

If anyone has any insight that would be great, it's the 3.5L V6, 4 speed auto.

Much appreciated, I'd rather get some owner input before spending money on parts that may do nothing.

Re: 2006 Automatic Shifter(Tranny?) Problems

What color was the fluid?

I recently had to replace my tranny at around 130k.

If you're lucky it may just be a bad solenoid, but the only way to really know is to take it to a good shop.

Comment

Re: 2006 Automatic Shifter(Tranny?) Problems

The fluid wasn't bad, still red, bit dark, but I had the tranny cooler lines done months prior to top it up. I'm lucky that when I got the car it came with a 50/50 power train warranty, as I took it two shops, and was able to find a P0750, and aP741, one of the guys at the shop was super cool, not pushy and said normally when he see's this(p0741) code it means the trannys on the way out, so my guy at the dealer is currently working on finding a used one that fits. Always something with this car

Comment

Working...
      X