Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Speakers Keep Blowing!!

Hello Everyone,

I've had my G6 for over a year and really like it. However, when I bought it, the owner told me the front door speakers were blown. No biggie, replaced them with some 6.5 I had laying around. About 2 months later, they blew again. I figured ok they were old. Replaced them with brand new Boss speakers and they just blew again. Anyone had this experience before, am I missing something?

Also may have something to do with it as well, every time I change the tone settings, they change back to default every time you change the station. So annoying, is there a permanent setting change for this?

I have a 2007, G6 base model sedan with the 4 cylinder, no monsoon. I also do not listen to the radio all cranked up either.

Thank You!

Re: Door Speakers Keep Blowing!!

Boss speakers suck.
    I installed a set of Alpine Type R speakers and an amp and I crank it all the time. No issues.

Imo it's the boss speakers.
    Now if it's a new speaker and it still sounds cruddy the amp in the stereo itself could be on its way out.

Comment

I have a set of type r speakers for sale if intrested pm me
      GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

I kinda figured the Boss's were junk. You get what you pay for right. I'm not looking to spend a ton or install a aftermarket amp really. Are the door speakers 2 or 4 ohm?

Also with the tone, is there a setting in the radio I'm missing?

Comment

Working...
        X