Radio Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Question

Hello, so I've been very stumped by my girlfriend's radio. She has a '09 Ford Escape, may not be the right area to post, but I don't know where I can ask this. So the problem is one station, 99.5. For some reason that station (she likes country music) is always very static-y.... It's just the 1 station, every other station from 85-something all the way up to 106-something work fine, however when she tunes into 99.5, you can barely understand what they are saying....

It is not the location, we'll be parked next to each other and I can hear that station perfect in my G6, even when driving on the freeway or any road free of trees, it is still bad. The next thing I tried was a new antenna, I was very hesitant as it doesn't make any sense if the antenna was bad why only 1 radio was had static, but anywho I did and the same thing was happening with the new antenna.

I am just baffled by this... I keep thinking on an electrical/frequency point of view and it doesn't make sense why only 1 frequency would have a lot of noise... Does anyone have any ideas? I've ran out of ideas and thoughts, need some fresh minds.

PS. the radio works fine, her GPS sometimes isn't correct, but it usually works good and everything else does as well. She has been getting a mail notices to update her whole screen software thing but hasn't done it yet, I don't think this would affect the radio though, am I wrong?

Re: Radio Question

My bet would be that there is something in her car that produce a frequency that would interferate with the 99.5, an equipement or any device like her GPS, phone, etc.

Comment

I'd do any software updates needed first and go from there.
      Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

I like that theory DelHuge, I don't know why it would happen all of a sudden, maybe a shield somewhere broke... How in the world would I find that now?

I was thinking about doing the update but I looked at "what's included" on the ford website and it has nothing to do with the radio. They just fixed some 9-1-1 calling features and a vehicle maintenance history that's built in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Maty View Post
          I like that theory DelHuge, I don't know why it would happen all of a sudden, maybe a shield somewhere broke... How in the world would I find that now?

I was thinking about doing the update but I looked at "what's included" on the ford website and it has nothing to do with the radio. They just fixed some 9-1-1 calling features and a vehicle maintenance history that's built in the car.
          Start with the external devices: GPS, phone, etc. Get them out and test the radio.

Edit: Or is it an integrated GPS? Have'nt thought about that.

Comment

Yessir, it's all integrated... It has one of those big screens with everything in it. Maybe there is a way to turn things off, I might look for that.

Comment

Working...
            X