Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Headlight?

Originally posted by Maty View Post
    That's awesome. I already got the HID mounted onto the car (they held up through winter, in Michigan), and a relay that connects them directly to the battery, so changing them shouldn't be too hard. I am looking into taking apart and tinting my stock headlights. The little "cap" that is in front of the bulb so other drivers don't look directly into the light fell from one of the headlights and I can't get my fingers in there to snap it back. It's just loose inside of the headlight. I definitely think I'll be doing this over the summer.

Thinking about it now, how do HID shine without having a projector? I thought they needed one or else you're blinding other drivers.
    I never really had probs, but if your tinting your lights you will make it darker so you should be good, plus I think those caps you were talking about help a little, but idk for sure
    I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

Re: LED Headlight?

I have never had a problem either with them blinding people. And yeah I leave in timmins northern ontario canada and our winters are like -40 lol so I have been looking up a different kind of HIDs that support -40 weather so that I don't keep blowing bulbs an ballasts

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

The website is www.theretrofitsource.com they are the once I will be ordering my next set of HIDs

Comment

Originally posted by Newellzie View Post
          Yeah the one side too 20 mins and the other too me an hour and a half due to the stupid bumper :/ lol and then idk I added drilling caps took like 20 mins so maybe only 2 hours or 2 and 1/4 but ik I could be a lot quicker if your bumper is normal
          Yeah lol the first time I took the pannasger headlights off it was a pain to take off but after I took it off now how too haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden310 View Post
            Yeah lol the first time I took the pannasger headlights off it was a pain to take off but after I took it off now how too haha.

Lol yeah on my new g6 I haven't any probs!! And high five fellow ontarian! :P
            I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by Newellzie View Post
              Lol yeah on my new g6 I haven't any probs!! And high five fellow ontarian! :P
              Yeah eh haha and thanks buddy. I notice that u are also in canada. What brand were your HIDs ?

Comment

LED Headlight?

Originally posted by Hidden310 View Post
                Yeah eh haha and thanks buddy. I notice that u are also in canada. What brand were your HIDs ?

I bought mine off of amazon, they were JDM and like $40. They worked for me for a year and I believe are still working to there person I sold the car too. But we don't see -40 down here like you do up there. I'm southern down bellow London

Progression Page

Comment

Here in Canada, it is actually illegal to use HID kits in our standard housings.

Page 22 of the Vehicle Lighting Protocol in the Vehicle Inspection Manual states: "It is dangerous and illegal to install HID Xenon bulbs or “HID kits” in headlamps designed for halogen bulbs. "

Dont get me wrong, I had them in my first G6... and currently have them in my truck. But I think this post got drastically off track. I as well have seen the same $100 H11 LED kit at superbrightleds and came here to check clearances on the back cover. I realize that some of the above posters have had extensive headlamp modification experience, but to make a statement like "They scatter the light all over due to improper optics" is somewhat biased.... have we NOT seen the light that HIDS put out?? Sure its bright, but it as well is ALL OVER THE PLACE!! You cant control the optics of aftermarket bulbs inside our factory housings....PERIOD!!

Therefore, slapping in a set of HIDs or a set of LEDs will make no difference in the refraction aspect. Had this been a couple years ago Id say that they do indeed "suck big time", but its not and in this time and place they have come a long way to being a very reliable and bright product. Lets please provide productive opinions instead of stark negativity.

I too would like to see more information on the use of these in our cars as it seems to circumvent the "Law" for now.
                  My Progression Thread - Previous Car | My CarDomain | G6Performance CarDomain Group
                  Current Mods: Canucks Motorsports lowering kit (1.75")
                  In Progress Mods:None Yet
                  Upcoming Mods: WAMS ECM/TCM Tune | CAI | Rims/Tires | R1 Brakes

Comment

Working...
                  X