Need help! Coolant leak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help! Coolant leak!

I've been having a leak for quite some time now and finally got around to checking it and figuring out where it's coming from and its from the weep hole and I thought it was on the water pump itself so I bought it and it wasn't it's located behind it and so now I just need to know has anyone else had this issue? And if so what did you do to have to fix it?

Re: Need help! Coolant leak!

When I had my radiator leak, I thought it could have been from hoses going bad. But I learned that our own radiators have this outlet that looks like it would hook up another hole, but it actually just gets capped off along with a hose clamp. That's all I ever had to deal with. Just that cap going bad and leaking.

Comment

Have you check to see if it is your intake gasket and manifold , cheap OEM crap that GM has put in these girls are the plastic , just like the Grand Prix's 3800's. Causes leaks to go on the side could also be your coolant elbows, they are plastic, mine on my Grand Prix broke so coolant everywhere. Also if I were you check your oil smell it. Sweet smell youre in trouble or milky, I am sure its your gasket. Pretty common but a pain and time consuming to do. Also I would suggest doing a coolant pressure test. That should show you, the trouble spots with pressure and see if it does spray. Check all your lines as well

more than likely rear head gasket $$$$$
      Last edited by PontiacPrincess; 04-21-2016, 01:23 AM.
      Try saying this 3 Times in a Row! 06 G6 V6!

Comment

Ok Yeea I'll have to check that. I'll have to find a pressure tester to see if it is coming from where I see it coming from. I'm hoping it's just a gasket or seal I can buy and replace.

Comment

Working...
        X