Driver's side Brembo caliper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale Driver's side Brembo caliper

So last August I ended up smashing the front of my G6. I expected the car to be totalled (somehow a 2005 G6 with 106,000 miles doesn't get totalled with $7,000 worth of damage) and figured I would take off my Brembos to resell and put my stock ones back on before I took the car to get the claim estimate.

Welp, long story not so short, I snapped one of the bleeder screws once I got the car back and put the Brembos back on. Went out and got new bleeder screws and a reverse thread bolt remover and the damn thing snapped off inside the hollow bleeder screw. In a fit of anger I just ordered a new caliper for $160 and here we are.

Driver's side 08-09 Cobalt SS Brembo brake caliper. No issues in the 13-14 months I had it on. Only a couple very minor cosmetic flaws pictured below. Would be perfect for someone looking to upgrade to Brembos and wants to save $100 for a little bit of work.

Asking $50 plus shipping.

Also comes with two new bleeder screws and still have both rubber caps for them.

Here you can see the bleeder screw. You can drill into it and try to back it out using plenty of penetrating lube.

Tiny tiny chip on the guide pin hole. Would never see it once the guide pins are in.

Here is the worst cosmetic flaw. Cause by hammering in the guide pins. It's the back on the caliper so no one would ever see it.

Last edited by slowsedan; 04-01-2016, 04:44 PM.

Re: Driver's side Brembo caliper

Messaged
    I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

Totally fair priced in my opinion. I got mine, pair off of the same one, for 165.00 shipped from a salvaged cobalt ss.

Comment

Ace auto wrecking elite has the passenger side for 75.00 not sure of shipping cost.
        Their number 732-254-9816

Comment

Sold.

Comment

Yay! Glad to hear.

Comment

Driver's side Brembo caliper

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
              Ace auto wrecking elite has the passenger side for 75.00 not sure of shipping cost.
              Their number 732-254-9816
              Do they have a site? Cause I would need the passenger side
              Last edited by Newellzie; 04-03-2016, 03:10 PM.
              I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page

Comment

When you pull up the website, car-part.com, you can see the names of the salvage yard. It will let you click on their name to go to there website. There are two in Canada I had tried to call, one listed a part but they said they don't sale parts. I was very confused.

Comment

Lol! Yeah that's a little confusing :P lol but thanks man!

Progression Page

Comment

Anything for the g6 buddies

Comment

We are lucky with having a cheap option for great brakes. Most other cars need $1200-$2000 to get into a BBK. You're gonna have them for about $350. Not too shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by slowsedan View Post
                        We are lucky with having a cheap option for great brakes. Most other cars need $1200-$2000 to get into a BBK. You're gonna have them for about $350. Not too shabby.
                        Yeah for sure, I was looking at $1000-1500 for my talon so I'm not complaining :P lol but hey if anyone comes across a good deal on a RH or stainless steel braided lines that let me know, I noticed the one at ace has quite a few miles one them, so in still looking. But do you know what happened to BMD, there site is up but when I went there last there is no stock. Are they no longer making end links and brake lines?

Progression Page

Comment

Working...
                        X