Rim/Tire Fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rim/Tire Fitment

Hey everyone, it has been forever since I have been on this site... I have since forgotten exactly what fits... I found some nice 18x8 with 35mm offset in 5x110 on Craigslist, and just wanted to make sure they would fit? Also, what size tire would you recommend for a rim like that??

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
    Originally posted by wzbhnn
    We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Re: Rim/Tire Fitment

If its a stock height I would go with something to fill up the well and look beefy.
    I went with the standard Mustang size.... 235/55. Looks great!

So what wheels are you looking at?
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I do love your rim and tire setup Lampoon (in fact I like it so much, that I plan to do yellow calipers as well)! I will probably go with the same size as you did if I get these. I wasn't looking at these rims until they popped up on Craigslist and that is what got me thinking! I am not a huge fan of black rims, but I do like these. If you remember, or even just see in my sig... we have a 1979 Pontiac Trans-Am with the Snowflake rims, and when I seen these rims, I just thought "OMG, these would be the perfect throwbacks for a newer car like mine." So the rims I am looking at are these: http://www.fortewheel.com/wheels/f71-0 But since I would be getting new rims and tires, I would need to do an alignment anyway, so I might as well pick up a set of Eibach's (my prefered stance) to make everything look good!

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?

Comment

For tires I did 245/45-18 on my GXP. I wouldn't suggest Toyo Extensa HPs. They can't even hold up to a 2nd gear take off in my GXP.
        Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
        INDIAN WARRIORS
        1926-2010

Comment

I will keep that in mind! What do you think of the rims tho? I imagine they are the closest thing to a snowflake rim available out there (with a more modern look anyway). Tell me what you think!

Comment

I think they look bad ass. Careful dropping it. You cant really adjust the back end. You may eat up your tires.

MODS:

Comment

Are camber issues really that bad with Eibach? I didn't think they had much camber problems with Eibach?

Comment

Rims came in today!! Getting them put on either Friday or Monday depending on when the tires come in! Can't wait!!

Comment

I recommend Cooper Zeon RS3-S tires. On an 18x8 a 245/45r18 is perfect but you can go up to a 265/40r18 and still look great. Im sitting on Solstice wheels with 1" spacers from prowheeladapters.com and love them. Im also on Canuck Springs so no wheel gap at all. The rear will be cambered in a little but it will not eat your tires. I have had Cooper Zeon's on there for about 7 months now and there is no sign of uneven wear on the back with the 245/45's.
                  Current Mods: Window Tint 20% except front windshield, Black CCFL Eagle Eyes (Currently being Retrofitted w/ Quad Projectors, RGB Halos, RGB Demon Eyes, LED Turn Signals, Body Color Eyelid), Pioneer front speakers, Polk Audio 6x9, 2 Boss Audio Phantom 12" Subwoofers, Boss Audio Phantom 2600Watt Amplifier, Dual 12" non ported enclosure, GTP Wheels, LED interior and Exterior Conversion, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, Racingline MMI's, Plasti dipped black recessed upper and lower grills, Plasti Dipped black door handles, door trim, fuel door, Decepticon badges in place of GM door badges, 2009.5 Sedan Spoiler, Custom Side Exit Exhaust, GXP Rear Bumper, Canuck Lowering Springs (on their way)

Comment

Well I got the rims the day before thanksgiving and got tires put on Monday! These things look awesome on the 6! Since I am at work and just on my iPod Touch, I will have to post pictures later. I only had 225/45 r18s on there because of course my Dad didn't listen to me. I originally told him to have the Coop put on 245/45 General G-Max tires... Well in typical Dad fashion he had to critique everything... So he told a friend about it who "would definitely know about tires rubbing". And that guy told him that I needed General AltiMAX 235/50s.. Well that didn't make sense because my 17s had a 50 side wall so they would obviously be to big, but there is no arguing with my dad so since they said they could adjust the computer to the tire size and keep the speedometer correct I decoded it wasn't worth the fight. Well they put them on and of course they rubbed so they had to take them off and they put on 225/45s instead because that was the only other size they had on the truck. They have a tiny amount of stretch but doesnt look bad at all, but I definitely would have liked the extra 20mm of tire all the way around, but they really are good tires so far so I am happy either way! Pictures to follow!

Comment

Ok sorry for the long wait, but I got the pictures of the new rims up!

(In the process of plasti-dipping my grills since the paint chipped super bad.)

(Sorry for crappy Cell Phone Pictures)

(Washed the car last night, already dirty this morning... I hate winter in the Midwest!)

Next Mods Coming Soon:
                      Plasti-Dip the Grills and Window Trim to match the nice new Black Rims
                      Yellow Caliper Paint
                      R1 Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Comment

Looks good!
                        CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

nice!

MODS:

Comment

looks good.
                            Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

I'm digging the rims. I am trying to decide whether to put 18's or 19's on my car. What's the offset on your rims?

Comment

Working...
                              X