Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and looking for ideas

Hey guys!

So, I am rather new here and I recently purchased a 2010 Pontiac G6!
    It's in extremely good condition with only 83,000 miles on it.
    A little history on the car; it used to be a rental car in Hawaii and then got auctioned off in California. Someone from AZ bought it and then sold it and I bought it from the company they sold it to!
    So, I was wondering what are some fun projects that I could do with the G6?
    I'll take any and all opinions, from performance to aesthetics.

Thank you guys and I hope you guys have an awesome day

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like readyforrepair.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like readyforrepair.

Re: New and looking for ideas

Beautiful G6! i love that front bumper style, modification wise i think black halo projectors like eagle eyes would be the way to go.. and possibly black rims would look nice!

Comment

What do you like? Appearance stiff or performance stuff? Probably best mod is the Brembo brakes off of the Cobalt SS TC.

Eagle eyes are junk imo.
      1972 F100
      1978 Twinstar
      1992 Miata
      2014 Mustang

Comment

Comment

Fixed those pics for ya. The 09.5+ bumpers are my favorite, even over the GXP, so you've got a good base. I'll echo the Brembo brakes from the Cobalt SS TC. I have them, they're awesome, and they're 25% of the cost of buying a Brembo setup for any other car.

Comment

Hows the V8 on gas? because my 3.5 V6 is already a pig i would love to feel the power in it though haha.

I was under the impression that eagle eyes were better then spyders but i wouldn't know.. my spyders are quite dim in daylight. or are you just against that style of headlight?
            Sick ride though man

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser95 View Post
              Hows the V8 on gas? because my 3.5 V6 is already a pig i would love to feel the power in it though haha.

I was under the impression that eagle eyes were better then spyders but i wouldn't know.. my spyders are quite dim in daylight. or are you just against that style of headlight?
              Sick ride though man
              What V8 are you talking about?

The eagle eyes are decent, but only if you stay halogen. Spyders are straight up crap. Instead of spending $300 on eagle eyes, just spend $500 on pair of retrofitted stock lenses. You'll get much better quality.

Comment

Originally posted by slowsedan View Post
                What V8 are you talking about?

The eagle eyes are decent, but only if you stay halogen. Spyders are straight up crap. Instead of spending $300 on eagle eyes, just spend $500 on pair of retrofitted stock lenses. You'll get much better quality.
                There is a pair for 500.00 retrofitted halogen eagle eyes. Here is the link:

It was about a 1000.00 dollars then it came down over the course of 3months.

Comment

Whoops! i was at work earlier and was quickly scrolling through and thought the engine cover said 3.5 V8!
                  $1000 for headlights before install? yikes. I'm actually thinking about doing a retrofit of my spyders seeing as i still have my stocks in okay condition and can put some time into them.
                  also whats this cars exhaust set up?

Comment

i got my eagle eyes last year on ebay for $176 + shipping. i looked many different places and that was the best price i could find.

You shouldn't need a shop to do it, if you can remove a fastener then you can change the headlights.

Comment

Welcome Bro!
                      Although I don't have a G6 any longer, I'm still a HUGE fan of the car. Your best bet is Eibach Springs and get it lowered, it looks so much nicer..And with the stock wheels and tires, you'll like the cornering and turns it makes, at the much higher rater of speed, too!
                      For sound and appearance, it's an obvious choice, get the Cold Ram Air Box with the front pipe upgrade..1st and best looking mod anyone really ever does.
                      Take some black electrical tape to the chrome inlays at the base of each window frame, outside, and cover it up....To each his own, I liked it.
                      "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Whoops, double posting!
                        "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Eagle Eyes are only junk if you don't do preventative maintenance to them prior to install. Also, they work just fine with HID's, perhaps even better than halogens.
                          Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

Originally posted by D0M1NIX View Post
                            Eagle Eyes are only junk if you don't do preventative maintenance to them prior to install. Also, they work just fine with HID's, perhaps even better than halogens.
                            I thought the "reflector bowl" didn't stand up too well to the HIDs? Didn't someone on here end up needing to repaint them because they had a dark spot in the middle of their light pattern?

Comment

Those were in a pair of Spyders I retrofitted.
                              Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

Working...
                              X