Racing seats :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing seats :)

Hey just wanted to see what yall thought of the new seats. Just put them in.

Re: Racing seats

I like 'em! I've thought about doing this, my driver side seat needs to be replaced...
    CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

Did you weld your original frame to the bottom of this seat? I imagine the way our seats just slide into holes on the front and bolt down in the back make it hard to find anything direct fit.

Nice upgrade though. These are popular cheap seats that are actually comfortable and hold you in pretty well. A lot of Fbody guys run them.

Comment

Did you measure the weights of the seats before and after? What's the weight saving and cost of the seats?
        Black 2007 G6 GTP six speed 66,000 miles. Mods: Carbon fiber GT spoiler with seven inch brackets; 25mm wheel spacers; Chrome ebay intake with black couplers: Red led interior lights; Painted front grille with chrome strips; Muffler delete; Painted headlights with eyebrows; 4 55 watt 6000k hid lights from the retrofitsource; projectors with super bright red cob led halo rings; Altezza tail lights; Front Splitter; front canards; rear diffuser; eibach lowering springs; racingline strut tower bar. Future mods: Front Cobalt as brembo brakes; 19x10 inch wheels; fender flares; 10% window tint; make my own carbon fiber hood to look like the vis racing hoods; Reshape the rear trunklid to look smoother and add a sportier looking rear lip; Painted mirrors; Protean in wheel electric motors in the rear wheels.

G6 is now for sale! $7000

progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=25701

If its possible I can do it, if it isn't I will try.

Comment

To be honest I really didn't measure to server if I saved any weight with them. The difference is night and day thou. Hugs your body a bunch better. Besides that the back of my driver seat was starting to mess up so I had to change it out any way.

Actually what I did was, I got just the mounts for the front and welded it on to a 1/4 by 2 by 20 inch flat bar, Drilled holes in it and mounted it to the frame of the new seat. Same thing for the back but just made the holes for the bolts.

Comment

Which seats are they?
            CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

They look great and it's a set of great looking seats, in my opinion. Good job

Comment

What all did you have to do to your oe seat belt? And also, your side airbags on the front seats?

Comment

My oe seat belt got removed. I need to take pics of it after I completed the removal. Also the air bag I just didn't worry about it for now. I'm going to try to find a way to bypass it. Also having to work on bypassing the seat belt light because I'm going to run a 4 point harness. I actually got them from a buddy for 50 bucks so i said why not right.

Comment

Nice work man. Did you originally have electric g6 seats?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rubenm199253 View Post
                      My oe seat belt got removed. I need to take pics of it after I completed the removal. Also the air bag I just didn't worry about it for now. I'm going to try to find a way to bypass it. Also having to work on bypassing the seat belt light because I'm going to run a 4 point harness. I actually got them from a buddy for 50 bucks so i said why not right.

Hmmm.... Right!

Comment

Check ebay for premade resistors that splice into the airbag wiring plug under the seats. I've been using two for my front seats for awhile now with no problems.

Comment

That looks great man!
                          I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
                          http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

They look great man.Nice work.

Comment

Working...
                            X