F40 flywheel discontinued.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F40 flywheel discontinued.

Figured this would be useful information for you guys here.

The flywheel used for the f40 6 speed is VERY hard to find and is discontinued, ive been searching for a week to get a new one for my alero, and finally found one.

I called a GM dealer near me that i use often, they said they cant even get them like at all, and the company who did make the flywheels for these cars went out of business. So i hope non of you need a flywheel soon, if so may need to have one made custom or something, because damn its not easy to get one....

Luckily, i found ONE at a GMC dealer in Florida, called my GM dealer here and they are working it out with the GMC dealer to get it shipped up here for me. But figured i would let you 6 speed owners know this. I was very unhappy to hear the info myself, and was very worried i may never get another.... But i did, im sure next time i need one ill be screwed.
    2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 3400, F40 sedan.
    sigpic

Re: F40 flywheel discontinued.

So that puts my hopes on swapping to the 6 speed damn near impossible..
    Current Mods: Window Tint 20% except front windshield, Black CCFL Eagle Eyes (Currently being Retrofitted w/ Quad Projectors, RGB Halos, RGB Demon Eyes, LED Turn Signals, Body Color Eyelid), Pioneer front speakers, Polk Audio 6x9, 2 Boss Audio Phantom 12" Subwoofers, Boss Audio Phantom 2600Watt Amplifier, Dual 12" non ported enclosure, GTP Wheels, LED interior and Exterior Conversion, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, Racingline MMI's, Plasti dipped black recessed upper and lower grills, Plasti Dipped black door handles, door trim, fuel door, Decepticon badges in place of GM door badges, 2009.5 Sedan Spoiler, Custom Side Exit Exhaust, GXP Rear Bumper, Canuck Lowering Springs (on their way)

Comment

Pretty much, and no one makes an "off brand" flywheel for replacement.

A company called LUK, makes replacement clutch/pressure plates for the cars. But no one offers a flywheel for it.
      sigpic

Comment

I wonder if Monster Clutch would do something like that and offer a performance clutch and flywheel..
        Current Mods: Window Tint 20% except front windshield, Black CCFL Eagle Eyes (Currently being Retrofitted w/ Quad Projectors, RGB Halos, RGB Demon Eyes, LED Turn Signals, Body Color Eyelid), Pioneer front speakers, Polk Audio 6x9, 2 Boss Audio Phantom 12" Subwoofers, Boss Audio Phantom 2600Watt Amplifier, Dual 12" non ported enclosure, GTP Wheels, LED interior and Exterior Conversion, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, Racingline MMI's, Plasti dipped black recessed upper and lower grills, Plasti Dipped black door handles, door trim, fuel door, Decepticon badges in place of GM door badges, 2009.5 Sedan Spoiler, Custom Side Exit Exhaust, GXP Rear Bumper, Canuck Lowering Springs (on their way)

Comment

Milzy cant get one, he goes through GM and they would tell him the same thing they told me. they cant get them anymore.

I was lucky to find the one i did, i know where there is one more new one, but not gonna tell, but aside from the one i bought, and the other i found (btw they wouldnt sell it so i had to go through a different dealer) they are gone, from what i see, there is one left, then they are no more...
          sigpic

Comment

I think I found one for ya

Comment

There is another from the same seller, just a flywheel by itself

ZZPerformance 2.5" Exhaust Cone Insert. Then if you you still think it is too loud we make custom small resonator to place in tighter spots like the downpipe. Then if it's about right, but want to make it even a little quieter we started using these cone inserts.

Comment

There is another from the same seller.

It must be the original Honda OEM catalytic converter with the internal guts of the converter fully intact to qualify. You simply buy this. Simple as that. Must be within the U.S.'s 48 states. States that have emissions like California require a converter with an executive order number or OEM converter.

Comment

I use this I website to search for things.

Comment

Good try, but that flywheel is completely different from the g6, its a different style, and has 8 holes for the flywheel bolts instead of the 6 on the g6 flywheel. Heres a pic of the g6 flywheel i just bought last week.

sigpic

Comment

Brian orr mentioned that also. Sorry I could not find you any. I was really hoping they were the right ones. Did you use that xxx-sale website to find the f40 flywheel?

Comment

I did not, i made this post after i bought my flywheel last week when i found out they are hard to find. I used a different site that gives me inventory to dealerships.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyalero View Post
                          I did not, i made this post after i bought my flywheel last week when i found out they are hard to find. I used a different site that gives me inventory to dealerships.
                          Oh sir, you have just discovered a weapon! I want to also search inventory of dealerships as well.

Comment

Well this sucks, guess I'm not buying a Manuel g6 :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
                            http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
                              Oh sir, you have just discovered a weapon! I want to also search inventory of dealerships as well.

Haha it was actually a buddy who found it for me... But he gave me all the info/links he went to to find the flywheel.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X