GXP hood scoop grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GXP hood scoop grill

So my dumb ass decided that I wanted to clean out wax that was stuck in the plastic grills on my hood. I decided that they just popped into place like most other trim in the car. So I decided to just grab one and pop it off and it seemed to come off just fine so I went and did the other side. This one did not come off nearly as smooth and one of the plastic brackets broke off. After that fact I realized there were metal clips on the inside of the hood that had actually been holding them into place. Basically, both grills are now garbage and I am missing most of the clips as I can only guess they slid out of the pad under the hood into the engine or the ground. Does anyone know where I can get these grills or even after market replacement grills? I have looked all over the parts websites but nothing seems to be the right part. I am assuming I may have to replace the entire scoop and that would be sad as they are about 170-200 EACH. That sucks for what I believe should be a $10 part. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
    2008 G6 GXP 3.6L Coupe - Street Edition - Black

Mods: All the usual suspects

Progression Thread

Re: GXP hood scoop grill

That sucks. You are screwed.
    I can do you a solid though... I'll swop with you my standard hood and also give you $200 with it for your GXP hood.

But seriously...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-G6...3D251106902271

Comment

So I guess there really is no way to replace them. I am going to have the vents replaced with something cool look custom before I go back to horrible OEM stuff that is ugly haha. Thanks for taking the time to look that up bro, I really appreciate it. I was hoping someone would magically give me a link for the little plastics strips with clips included for $20 lol. I think I am going to have something fabricated.

POON!! Is your shop strictly mechanical or do you guys do any fabrication? I would pay whatever needed to get something good looking on there!

Progression Thread

Comment

I bought 2 of these for $45 each. total of $90 for both. They are blue so I will have to have them painted black. They have left ones as well, you just have to tell them you want one left and one right when you check out.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Blue, that's awesome. Thank you for the post!

Progression Thread

Comment

I broke my grills too taking them out of the scoop. I took my time and used clear epoxy and epoxyed them to the scoop. Need to hold them in place till they dry and becarfull not to get the epoxy on the scoop as once it dries not easy to get off.
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Working...
            X