X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: brakes on 06 g6.. will these work/

I really like those
    Black 2006 G6 GTP Sedan 6M
    Mods- 18" Forte F57 Phantoms with Kumho Ecsta 4X 235/45-18 from Discount Tire, Unique Coatings Tinted Tails, Racinline front strut bar and motor mount inserts, CRAB CAB, WAMS 93 octane tune, BMD Adjustable Swaybar Endlinks, Black Overlays, 5% tint, Spyder Smoked/Chrome Projector Headlights with 6k HID's, Complete LED Conversion Inside and Outside, Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by MaYkO View Post
      I really like those
      lol yes.. but will they work

Comment

It says they fit. I don't see why they wouldn't. Contact them and ask. All G6 brakes are the same I think
        Last edited by MaYkO; 05-13-2013, 12:51 PM.
        Mods- 18" Forte F57 Phantoms with Kumho Ecsta 4X 235/45-18 from Discount Tire, Unique Coatings Tinted Tails, Racinline front strut bar and motor mount inserts, CRAB CAB, WAMS 93 octane tune, BMD Adjustable Swaybar Endlinks, Black Overlays, 5% tint, Spyder Smoked/Chrome Projector Headlights with 6k HID's, Complete LED Conversion Inside and Outside, Bluetooth

Comment

all G6 brakes are the same

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Originally posted by cmessick View Post
            all G6 brakes are the same
            just asking because it says 09 +

Comment

Originally posted by bobmundo123 View Post
              just asking because it says 09 +
              so just to clarify... we're good to go on these.. lol

Comment

so just to clarify... we're good to go on these.. lol
                Yes you are good to go

Comment

Some G6 models had 276mm diameter front rotors as opposed to the typical 296mm. IIRC the smaller front rotors had to do with non ABS models. Maybe contact the seller prior to purchase and see what their input is. Nice find by the way.
                  Current Mods
                  245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
                  Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by Altered6 View Post
                    Some G6 models had 276mm diameter front rotors as opposed to the typical 296mm. IIRC the smaller front rotors had to do with non ABS models. Maybe contact the seller prior to purchase and see what their input is. Nice find by the way.
                    Thanks man.. and yea i thought they were pretty cool.. and decently priced... thought i'd give em a whirl... =)

Comment

good thing i asked!

Wasn't compatible! But i was able to find one that was that they offer.. I like them... I may start a wholesale account with them.. we will see...

Comment

just remember you get what you pay for. $200 for all 4 rotors is pretty cheap. which means they are thin made with cheaper steal and will probably warp faster. also the black will come off as soon as you apply the brakes (where the brake pad makes contact with the rotor)

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                        Originally posted by ahuhn
                        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Yeah...these are the exact same rotors as the Callahan ones and all the other ones on eBay. They're all made the same. Even the EBC Ultimaxx Sport versions I got suck and are already warping after a year.

After having the best rotors out there, I'm going back to OEM. I figure more material, less chance of rotors warping.

Save up for a BREMBO upgrade if you can.

Comment

Hart platinum drilled and slotted rotors ordered last week ill let you know how it turns out.

Comment

My Non-ABS G6 sedan from 2006 has larger rotors than the standard G6, not smaller. I order my cars without ABS.
                              How do I set a laser printer to stun?

Comment

Working...
                              X