Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• undercarriage is looking grim.

please review the pics and answer questions below. thank you LOL

again, like in my lasty post, it's just a camera phone, you won't see the full scale of the grimeyness like you would in real life.

am i leaking oil? wherever i go i always check and never see drips onto the ground YET the bottom of the oil pan is all moist/wet/grimy with oil and the bolts in the picture are wet.

what the hell is that thing wit rust on it, and why the hell is it rusting? should i be concerned?

why is there rust on my transmission pan and why is it moist/wet/grimy. ( i know i need to replace it no money right now though)

Re: undercarriage is looking grim.

your leaking oil thats the only real issue

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

The rusty part is your starter, it looks like either your oil drain plug is seaping or someone didn't clean up after a oil change. Just get some engine cleaner and clean the underside and keep an eye on it.
      2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
      2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

no thats an oil leak. needs an oil pan gasket most likely

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

scary....

Comment

The oil pan gasket I say ignore it. I have same issue in the 3.9L. Mine has 40K miles and mine has looked like that for the last 3 years and 20K miles. Mine never goes any wheres but full on oil. I change my oil once every 6 months/ 2500 miles and I have never needed to add oil or look low on the dipstick always says full.
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

looks like my 3.9 minus the rusting starter. need to wash the motor cause I can smell some oil burn now

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
              Originally posted by ahuhn
              so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

3.5/3.9s are also notorious for one or both main seals leaking as well, i think there was a TSB on it......

Comment

my dipstick always says full too, and i change my oil every 3k usually on time. oil still comes out black though, i need to change it sooner i guess....but on the other hand i am usually messy when changing oil and i don't clean up so I'm hoping thats the issue....anything else is getting ignored unless i start burning oil or leaking on to the ground.

do you think this will snowball into something else if i don't fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by samurai View Post
                    my dipstick always says full too, and i change my oil every 3k usually on time. oil still comes out black though, i need to change it sooner i guess....but on the other hand i am usually messy when changing oil and i don't clean up so I'm hoping thats the issue....anything else is getting ignored unless i start burning oil or leaking on to the ground.

do you think this will snowball into something else if i don't fix it?
                    Your oil turns black due to a chemical reaction with the heat over time not because it needs changed. A perfect example is diesel engines. Change the oil on a Duramax, drive it 300 miles, check oil and its as black as an oil slick. I would change my oil really only when it needs it on miles as I run synthetic. But I dont like the idea of once a year oil change so I change my oil once every 6 months as I only put 4-5 thousand miles a year on my G6 anymore.

The gasket leak cant snowball into anything else as its not a head gasket where the oil and coolent runs through it and a chance to mix. Its just a gasket holding the oil in the pan where it attaches to the block. Worse thing that happens is you notice its leaving little puddles on the ground and it bothers you then you change it. But on seeping issues the car is a few years old it happens (sucks but it does) you could spend a fortine and pull your hair out tracking every leak down in a car. Like one of my transmition cooling lines going to or back from the radiator has a minor seep to it for ever since it let warrenty lol. The time and agrivation and money to change it is unjustified. It doesnt drip just has a minor seep where it I wipe it about 1000 miles later it will have a wet look to it again.
                    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                    Gotta have it Green color
                    Brembo brake package
                    420 HP 5.0L
                    Ford Racing Power Pack
                    GT500 track pack differential cover
                    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

mine has been like that for 80,000 miles. it is just a small leak and won't hurt you any

Comment

Working...
                      X