StabiliTrak Warning Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StabiliTrak Warning Light

Pulling out of the parking lot from work last night, the warning light for StabiliTrak disabled came on by itself. I tried turning it back on using the button but nothing worked.

I ended up pulling over and turning off the car, once I restarted and began driving again the light didn’t come back on. This is the first time I’ve had this happen.

Any ideas what could have cause this?

Re: StabiliTrak Warning Light

Originally posted by dmehak
    Pulling out of the parking lot from work last night, the warning light for StabiliTrak disabled came on by itself. I tried turning it back on using the button but nothing worked.

I ended up pulling over and turning off the car, once I restarted and began driving again the light didn’t come back on. This is the first time I’ve had this happen.

Any ideas what could have cause this?
    Happened to me this morning for the first time also. The temp was about 9 degrees out this am. Wonder if stabilitrac does not like real cold weather?

Jeff
    My 07 G6 Convertible
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...6/IMG_0394.jpg

My 76 Vette
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e/P4240002.jpg

Comment

This is normal, I belive it is also in the owners manual. When the temp is cold out, untill the car warms up sometimes the stybility control system isnt ready and doesnt have the sensors calibrated yet. It ussally shouldnt be more then the first 5mins the car is on doring a cold start though. But this is normal.
      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
      Gotta have it Green color
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack
      GT500 track pack differential cover
      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

it's just cold, heat that baby up!!
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

STABILITRAK

STABIL (StabiliTrak®) NOT READY: When you first start your vehicle and drive away, especially during cold winter weather, this message may display. This is normal. The StabiliTrak® performance is affected until this message automatically clears from the DIC display. If you acknowledge and clear this message by pressing one of the DIC buttons, the StabiliTrak® system will not be ready. The system will only be ready when this message clears from the DIC display on its own. If there is a problem with the StabiliTrak® system, the StabiliTrak® Not Ready light will come on. See StabiliTrak Not Ready Light . See StabiliTrak® System for more information.
          Here we......GO! 06 G6 GTP M6 coupe, performance package.(Fully loaded for 06). stealth gray metallic or 59U - GRANITE METALLIC. GM Peformance strut bar, Hammer Head Spoiler, GM Body Kit, Chrome Lower Grille Inserts, MSD Dash Hawk, Head Light Eye Lids, HID Conversion-10,000K. ZEX Nitrous Kit 75 Shot-Wet. (New Add On!)

If I had something smart to say, I would be smart enough not too!

Comment

that is weird bc it happened to me last week for the first time too...it never even came on all last winter
            -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
            Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

The DIC didn't display any messages when this happened. Just the warning light on the instrument cluster came on.

I'm yet to have any warning messages from the DIC.

Comment

STABILITRAK/DIC

THE DIC IS STILL CONSIDERED YOU DASH WHERE YOUR TAC, SPEEDO
                AND SUCH ARE SO IF THE LIGHT CAME ON, IN THE LOWER RIGHT, BELOW THE SPEEDO THIS IS STILL CONSIDERED YOU DRIVER INFO CENTER. SORRY ABOUT THE (CAPS).
                Here we......GO! 06 G6 GTP M6 coupe, performance package.(Fully loaded for 06). stealth gray metallic or 59U - GRANITE METALLIC. GM Peformance strut bar, Hammer Head Spoiler, GM Body Kit, Chrome Lower Grille Inserts, MSD Dash Hawk, Head Light Eye Lids, HID Conversion-10,000K. ZEX Nitrous Kit 75 Shot-Wet. (New Add On!)

If I had something smart to say, I would be smart enough not too!

Comment

Re: STABILITRAK/DIC

Originally posted by BIG ISH
                  AND SUCH ARE SO IF THE LIGHT CAME ON, IN THE LOWER RIGHT, BELOW THE SPEEDO THIS IS STILL CONSIDERED YOU DRIVER INFO CENTER. SORRY ABOUT THE (CAPS).
                  As far as I'm concerned, the DIC is the readout you get on the radio. Lights on the dash are just that, lights on the dash - seperate from the DIC
                  Originally posted by colinpeddle
                  They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                  That here, by G6er law, we lie
                  Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                  THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Happened to me the other day for the first time too. LIght came on when I started driving, a minute later it turned off. It wasn't that cold out when it happened.

No DIC message either.

Comment

Re: STABILITRAK/DIC

Originally posted by carsuperfreak
                      Originally posted by BIG ISH
                      As far as I'm concerned, the DIC is the readout you get on the radio. Lights on the dash are just that, lights on the dash - seperate from the DIC
                      agreed. the manual considers the DIC the radio display only.
                      2009 PONTIAC G8
                      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Yup, DIC is on the radio. The idiot lights on the gauges are on the gauges.

sigpic
                        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I recently purchased a 2006 GTP and have been experiencing major problems with the StabiliTrak. First, the light just came on randomly when I would start the car. It happened a couple of times and then I looked up in the manual what the warning light was. I tried turning it off by using the TC button, but ut never did anything. Now I'm having the right front wheel lock up whenever it decides to turn itself off. I'm out of factory warranty and cannot afford to take it back to the GM dealership that I bought it from to get it looked at, so I am looking for any kind of advice for this. When the wheel locks up, it jerks the car and its happened at high speeds on the freeway, so you can imagine my concern. I've read that it can happen in cold weather, and I'm in Vegas and its still a hundred degrees out daily, so I'm afraid of what will happen when it does start to get cold. Any insight will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

5 year old thread, yikes!

And its pretty cool you got a 1964 g6 with a supercharged 2.0

Haha, just messin'
                            sigpic
                            Wheels, Hood, Taillights, Engine, Doors, Mirrors, Bumpers,
                            Windows, Trunk, Seats, Radio, Carpet, Muffler, Sunroof,
                            Shifter, Pedals, Headlights, Grilles, Door Panels, etc.

Comment

Working...
                            X