Sunroof won't open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof won't open

I searched but didn't find it. My sunroof won't open anymore. Hit the button and nothing happens. It was working fine a few days before, not sure what happened. Should I just take it to the dealership?
    Official Lawbreaker of the SWO

06 G6 Coupe.
    MODS: Custom Flowmaster 80 exhaust, De-badged, MP racing intake, GM strut bar. 40% tint all around. Painted dart and battery cover. R1 premium drilled-slotted brakes front and rear. I think that is it but who knows what I will find and want to add to the car.

Re: Sunroof won't open

Did you check the fuse for it?
    Is it a Panoramic sunroof?
    Were there any popping noises or anything else that occurred before it wouldn't open.

Comment

I think the sunroof fuse is in the trunk on the left hand side fuse box.
      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
      Gotta have it Green color
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack
      GT500 track pack differential cover
      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I'll check the fuse. I didn't hear any popping or anything. Fuse is a good idea didn't even think of that.

06 G6 Coupe.
        MODS: Custom Flowmaster 80 exhaust, De-badged, MP racing intake, GM strut bar. 40% tint all around. Painted dart and battery cover. R1 premium drilled-slotted brakes front and rear. I think that is it but who knows what I will find and want to add to the car.

Comment

Originally posted by dre256 View Post
          i thought it was in the IP fuse box?

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn View Post
            i thought it was in the IP fuse box?
            You are both right.
            According to my manual, #9 in trunk is 'sliding panel roof', #10 in trunk is 'sunroof controls', and 'roof/heat seat' is in the passenger foot well (one down from top left)

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

Thanks guys I will check those places tomorrow. I'm driving the jeep since its been so nice and well its alot more free than the car with a broken sunroof.

06 G6 Coupe.

Comment

Checked all those fuses. They were all fine. Dealership?

06 G6 Coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by wranglerboy93 View Post
                  Checked all those fuses. They were all fine. Dealership?
                  Your out of warrenty I would do dealership as last resort. Did you check the manual and maybe there is a sunroof rely?

2nd, if you have an Ohm reader take down the switch and check continudity. If you cant get continudity then the switch is bad and can order on in your self and install. Next would be check the sun roof motor too, I dont know where that is located at, maybe with the switch in that plastic over head?

2013 Mustang GT
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Don't have a manual for this car. Never crossed my mind that I may need one. I mean its a 5 yr old car with 44,xxx miles on it. Its not my POS jeep with over a hundred thousand on it. Anyone know where the relay could be in that cover?

06 G6 Coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by wranglerboy93 View Post
                      Don't have a manual for this car. Never crossed my mind that I may need one. I mean its a 5 yr old car with 44,xxx miles on it. Its not my POS jeep with over a hundred thousand on it. Anyone know where the relay could be in that cover?
                      Your car didnt come with an owners manual? As your owners manual will tell you where each fuse and rely is on the car.

I understand your frustrations, I have less issues with my 170K mile 1994 Cherokee that gets the shit beat out of it from mall crawling, to city crawling, to off roading then I do with my 35K mile GTP

2013 Mustang GT
                      Brembo brake package
                      420 HP 5.0L
                      Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

I thought you meant an actual manual like a factory service or something.. I did take the switch out and the cover off. Haven't tried anything with that. I will look at the manual tomorow to find a relay.

06 G6 Coupe.

Comment

You can download the 2006 G6 Owners manual from the Pontiac website at the following link.

Comment

is it a pano or regular sunroof?

Comment

I understand your frustrations, I have less issues with my 170K mile 1994 Cherokee that gets the shit beat out of it from mall crawling, to city crawling, to off roading then I do with my 35K mile GTP
                              time to buy a camaro ss or wait for the new one with the ctsv guts
                              09 GT Coupe in Techno Grey, lowered on eibachs, debadged, duplicolor red calipers, Full CRABS setup, silver CRAB stickers in my coupe windows +20HP G6Performance.com decals ,carbon fibre inlays

Comment

Working...
                              X