Turning the Street Edition hood scoops functional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning the Street Edition hood scoops functional

Hey all. I'm in the process of ordering a CRAB system (got the itch already!) and I liked the thought of having a ram air system too. I looked at the MPD hood, and I like the look of it. My dad suggested turning the hood scoops on the stock street edition hood into a functional ram air system and I was just wondering if anyone had done something like that before. Any advice or words of wisdom are appreciated!
    My Ride: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Installed: CRAB O3 and FPU, Black Altezza Tails, Black Eagle Eye Halos, GT-R Exhaust, 93 Octane WAMS tune!
    On Order:
    Eventually: Brembo rotors/calipers for the front, SS rotors/calipers for the back, Racingling Strut Tower Bar, Racingling Motor Mount Inserts, coloring for the interior and under the hood, new summer wheels/tires, new winter wheels/tires, new badges, and painted calipers.

Re: Turning the Street Edition hood scoops functional

Unfortunately there aren't any pix anymore but still worth a look.

Making a GXP Hood Functional
    Current Mods
    245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
    Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

Oh cool, thank you! I really appreciate the help!

Installed: CRAB O3 and FPU, Black Altezza Tails, Black Eagle Eye Halos, GT-R Exhaust, 93 Octane WAMS tune!
      On Order:
      Eventually: Brembo rotors/calipers for the front, SS rotors/calipers for the back, Racingling Strut Tower Bar, Racingling Motor Mount Inserts, coloring for the interior and under the hood, new summer wheels/tires, new winter wheels/tires, new badges, and painted calipers.

Comment

search is your friend. this is why i made a master how-to thread.
        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Andre only did one side if I recall. he basically just took a small drill bit and drilled out the hundreds of recesses in
          the honeycomb.
          The problem is if you pull the scoops out you have metal braces there. So the structure of the hood will block the air.
          Then there is the problem of redirecting the air to the intake.

To my knowledge, no one has made a GXP hood that works with an intake. You can be the first though!!!
          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Thanks for the help! Sorry I missed that master how to thread...it's bookmarked now so I can find it for future reference. I'll check it out, but it looks like I'll probably end up going through the lower grilles, as that seems easier and more effective.

On Order:

Comment

Working...
            X