Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: improving fuel mileage on a 3.9L

Originally posted by dwightikans View Post
    well i was hoping that someone had had the same problem before and fixed it at home to save a couple hundred dollars, i want that to be my last option.
    Hmmm, I thought it might be under warranty. Sorry for being a douche.

Current Mods
    -------------
    G6 Black on Red Mats
    Tint: Front 20%/Rear 15%
    Raptor H.I.D. kit 5000k Fogs
    Raptor H.I.D. kit 4500k Lows
    Interior red L.E.D.
    1000W Speaker & Amp
    Crabs Option 3
    Painted Calipers Red
    Dual Custom Exhaust
    Halo Angel Eyes

Upcoming Mods
    ---------------
    Need Ideas

Comment

It's kinda hard to get gas mileage when you have cars like these.. Custom exhaust, CAI.. You can't help but love the sound and little extra speed. :P
      QuickG6Guy

Mods: 5% Tint - K&N CAI - GT-R Exhaust with 3" Tips - 18" Drag DR Wheels - HID Headlights - HID Fog Lights - White LED Map and Dome Lights - White LED Reverse Lights - White Gauge Face - Blue LED Trunk Light

Future Mods: Halo Projector Headlights - AIT Front Bumer - Vector 91 ECM/TCM tune - Underbody Glow - 10" Sub and Amp
      Possible Mods: Lowering Kit - Full Crab Intake

Comment

I burn a tank of fuel a week, between 5 days in the city (Vancouver, Canada) and weekends 90 minutes north up in the mountains at Whistler. I set the computer about a month ago, so I could get a complete picture and not spot averages. Mondays will usually read 21-22 after the long highway drive, and Friday a low of 20-20.5 after the work/school/shopping stints in the city. I keep it around 40mph as much as you can in the city, because that's threshold of 4 gear and converter lock, and revs dip to just above a grand. And on the highway I stick to 55-60mph.
        I have seen as much as 39mpg on a straight and level road for 40 minutes @ 55 mph near the wine country in Osooyoos, BC. So yeah I know what it's capable of getting. But BC is very mountainous, and getting that anywhere near where I live is wishful thinking.
        And I have lead-footed the thing down to 15mpg in the city. But with gas prices cresting $5.05 last month and going higher, figured it was time to take my foot out of it. $70 a tankful is pretty good incentive, doncha think?
        Last edited by devon; 04-05-2011, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X